It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

Malignant Melanoma

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
opschkok
(male)

opschkok HB User
Question Malignant Melanoma

My dermo said that the spot opn my scalp was "nothing", but he'll biopsy it just to be safe. Sure as ****, the result came back "Malignant Melanoma or something else". What the **** does that mean? My oncologist wants to do this sentinal lymph node mapping, and remove the corresponding lymph nodes. I'm not sure what to do, the slide reading does seem to be conclusive. Can anyone suggest anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
tmg
(female)

tmg HB User
Re: Malignant Melanoma

Are they going to check the lymph nodes to see if the Malignant melanoma has spread? I had three basal cell carcinomas removed and was so thankful it wasn't Melanoma. What you might do is write down your questions and ask your dermo. I don't know what it is but when I am in a Dr office I forget all the questions I was going to ask. I hope everything turns out well for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
tina

Old 09-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
opschkok
(male)

opschkok HB User
Re: Malignant Melanoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmg
Are they going to check the lymph nodes to see if the Malignant melanoma has spread? I had three basal cell carcinomas removed and was so thankful it wasn't Melanoma. What you might do is write down your questions and ask your dermo. I don't know what it is but when I am in a Dr office I forget all the questions I was going to ask. I hope everything turns out well for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
tina
Thanks so much!

Closed Thread