It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

Im really scared

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
robin_doak
(male)

robin_doak HB User
Unhappy Im really scared

I have been posting about this in the Anxiety section. but i don't think it is anything to do with Anxiety,

Here is my story:.

There has been a lump on my arm for about a year i think. i only noticed it about 3 months ago, It is on my left arm just behind my wrist to the right, it is about an inch long and a 1/2 inch wide. the doctor says it's nothing, its a tendant, but he sent me up to get an x-ray, he also said he would be supprised if the x-ray came back with anything on it.

But here is the thing, Me and my family are the only ones who can feel it on my arm. i have compared it with my right arm but the so-called tendant on my left arm is really swollen, it is also really hard and feels like it is connected to my bone, i am also starting to get a slight pain on my arm, it feels like i just hit my funny bone :P but it is really scaring me, i could'nt even have a good christmas with my family because i am so worried.

I was told by a couple of people on this board that it is a ganglion Cyst, but my doc said it wasn't.

I get the results to my x-ray on the 4th jan 06. and i am not looking foword to what is going to be on it.

are any of these sympthons related to cancer?

Thanks for reading everyone.

Robin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2005, 07:25 PM   #2
hillaryb
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User
Re: Im really scared

If it makes you feel better, I don't think it's cancer. When I was 15 I found a lump in my leg, and it felt like a solid pea under my skin. Within 6 months, it had grown to be MUCH larger, and ended up being cancer. I think what you are dealing with is a muscular issue. I have a herniated muscle in my left calf, due to an imbalance I developed after cancer surgery (it was brutal to my right leg) and it is a big, hard lump that sometimes hurts, and sometimes doesn't hurt at all. It's been there for 15 years. My type of cancer is very rare--so the odds are on your side.

Let your doc run any tests to determine what it is and try not to worry. These things are almost always harmless. Honest. I'm just unlucky. I actually was born on friday the 13th, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I think you will be JUST FINE!

Old 12-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #3
robin_doak
(male)

robin_doak HB User
Re: Im really scared

Thanks Hillary, But i found another problim.

I found another lump on my arm, It is now to the left of the main lump i was talking about, it feels like it is between to two bones in my arm, im not sure what the name is,

It could just be a tendant that is swollen, im not sure but it is'nt on my right arm.

It is freeking me out

Robin

Closed Thread