It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

pancreaitis, gall stones, cancer?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
Valo99
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User
pancreaitis, gall stones, cancer?

I am a bit confused.. I am 6 months pregnant. I started having a bad stabbing burning pain right under my right breast area, I guess that would be the upper part of my ribcage, sometimes it gets so bad it radiates to my back. I went to the doctors and they ran some blood tests and wantedme to see a gastro doc asap. My lipase was at 81 and my amylase was at 114.

I went to the see this one doc and he wouldnt give me any direct answers, I asked if it could be pancretitis.. he said hmm doesnt sound like it. I said gall stones?? he said well... we'll have to do an ultrasound. I haven't had that yet. I am afraid it could be cancer. But being pregnant they cant do a biposy.

I have done some research online and it all seems a bit hazy. Kist looking for anyone who has had a simular exp with this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
joanner
(female)

joanner HB User
Re: pancreaitis, gall stones, cancer?

Valo,

I also had gallbladder attacks, during my second pregnancy. Apparently it happens to a lot of women during pregnancy, I can't explain exactly why though. I would bet it is definitely gallstones. I actually ended having mine out exactly 3 months after my child was born.

Make sure you follow up with your doctor! It'll put your mind at ease!

Joanne

Old 03-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #3
Valo99
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

When did you symptoms start? Mine started the 5 month. The pain is so bad some nights I cant sleep. it's usually a sharp pain under my right breast, then sometimes it will radiate to my back and middle of my chest.
I saw the lab report from my GYN and it said for me to see a gastro asap.

he said they cant do anything now to check it out because I am pregnant, I am a nervous wreak.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
joanner
(female)

joanner HB User

Valo,

Yep, It was at around 6 months that I started having the same syptoms you describe. Staying away from heavy meals, especially fatty meals helped tremendously. A low fat diet with lots of fruit (not acidic fruit), and vegetables kept me stable until I had my surgery.

If I even had a slice of pizza I ended up in agony, and then threw up! I'd give it a try and see if that helps in the interim!

Joanne

Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
Valo99
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

Ihope thats all it is, but my symptoms don't seem to come on after meals. I don't even have a fatty diet.

I looked up gallstones. I don't have adominal pain or vomiting. So I am still nervous.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:50 AM   #6
6-DeNaults
(female)

6-DeNaults HB User

I have had 4 children, the last one I too had the same issues you are describing, and they said it was my gallbladder. They wanted me to have it out, but wait until after I had my daughter. I actually chose to have the baby a week before her due date (doc gave me that choice) because I could notlonger stand the pain. After she was born it went away within a few weeks! Havent had a problem since, and I still have my gallbladder.

Melissa

Old 03-14-2006, 02:42 PM   #7
Valo99
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-DeNaults
I have had 4 children, the last one I too had the same issues you are describing, and they said it was my gallbladder. They wanted me to have it out, but wait until after I had my daughter. I actually chose to have the baby a week before her due date (doc gave me that choice) because I could notlonger stand the pain. After she was born it went away within a few weeks! Havent had a problem since, and I still have my gallbladder.

Melissa
I had an ultra sound and they couldnt find any gallstones. I keep going in for blood tests, but nothing for pain. It's killing me!!! I just dont know what's going on.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #8
drvr55
(male)

drvr55 HB User

Info I read says 3F, female fertile and forty are good candidates for this affliction. I ran it by my chrioprater and he said occasional ajustments would be a good idea. He also told me it takes along time to recover if you don't have surgery, his problems he nursed for seven years but has knowledge of treatments lasting for twenty years. His advice, and mine is, if you have a lot of pain, see your doctor. There are alternative treatments, look on the net.

Closed Thread