It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

• MRI shows possible cancer - meningioma

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-06-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
    specificgravity
    (female)

specificgravity HB User
    MRI shows possible cancer - meningioma

I went and had two MRIs done - one on my lumbar region, and one on my thoracic region. They found 3 bulging discs, and one of the discs - the T7-8 - has some "enhancing tissue" with it. In the radiology report it says:

"Thin band of enhancing tissue is noted adjacent to the left posterior aspect of the T7-8 disc which together with mild disc bulging, mildy impresses upon the adjacent thoracic cord. The exact etiology of this finding is uncertain and while possibly reactive in nature, other differential considerations including an en plaque meningioma cannot be completely excluded."

My PCP referred me to an Orthopedic Surgeon for the discs, and I'll see him at the end of the month. My question is - I'm sort of bothered that they're not seeming to jump on finding out if this is cancer or not. The radiology report does suggest re-examination in 3-6 months, so I'll be sure to do that, and I know menigioma isn't normally fatal or even a big, huge deal, but it seems weird to just not do *anything*.

That said, if it's pressing on my thoracic cord, that'd be reason to find out what it is *now* as the more it touches the cord, the harder it will be to remove.

I guess my question, and reason for posting, is to see if I'm being silly to worry or should I be trying to press my PCP into doing some more tests? What other tests might be helpful?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread