It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

• Scared and confused! Stage 3 Melanoma, or Lymphoma?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
    ___vintaqe
    (female)

___vintaqe HB User
    Exclamation Scared and confused! Stage 3 Melanoma, or Lymphoma?!

About 4 months ago my boyfriend found a little cyst-looking lump under his skin on his right shoulder. We thought nothing of it and didn't bother getting it checked out. About a month ago he used Maxim Antiperspirant, and a few days later realized that he had a lump under his left armpit about the size of his entire armpit. Thinking it was just a reaction to the antiperspirant, he still thought nothing of it. A few days after that, he noticed another cyst-looking lump on his right side. The cysts started to grow in size, and became closer to the surface, and really warm to the touch.

We finally decided to get them checked out, and went to a General Surgeon. The doctor looked at the lumps, and said he was quite confused, because the lumps on his right side didn't seem to relate to the swollen lymph node under his armpit, also he was confused because he wasn't showing any symptoms of sickness that could cause the swollen lymph node. They took some blood work, and a chest x-ray which both came back fine, only the blood work was a few points off, which we were told was normal. He went into surgery on the 20th to have them removed and biopsied. The surgeon said that when he was removing the lymph node, he found multiple swollen lymph nodes behind the one he removed. He feared the worst .. Lymphoma. Which kind? He was unsure. He sent the samples to a local pathologist, and the results came back inconclusive. We sat down and talked to a Oncologist, which at first he was a little confused as to what it might be as well, but they took his blood again in the office, and after receiving the results, the Oncologist immediately told us he was sure it was Melanoma .. Stage 3 Melanoma at that because of the swollen lymph nodes.

He has an appointment tomorrow for a PET and CAT scan. I am so scared because I don't know what to expect. He's only 24, and he feels as healthy as usual!

Is there anyone that has had a similar experience? Or has gone through Lymphoma or Melanoma Cancer?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread