It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

chronic high white count not sick

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
dottyandchance
(female)

dottyandchance HB User
Question chronic high white count not sick

I am never sick but for severl years now I have always had a high white cell count my lowest is 12 my last test was 18 I was sent to a blood cancer doctor he tested me and got the 12 he said if it fluctuates and is not creeping higher not to worry about it just check it.

I have not be tested this month but I know it is high again. last month it was the 18 I mentioned. I have no symptoms and the meds I take lower the white count not raise it. my highest level was about two years ago at 33 it has come down to averaging around 20ish this year.

do I worry or not.... my gut says worry but mostly because I dont know what is causing this... recently I have been diagnosed with GERD for my never ending nausia but I feel no pain. they did a special ct with contrast and put me on a table that slowly reclined me... that was how they found I have sever GERD. what tests should I ask for to get my worries cleared up.

thanks
DC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
blood, cancer, high white count