It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

• Melanoma+High Neutrophils+Low Lymphs=Cancer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
    GypsyTinker
    (male)

GypsyTinker HB User
    Question Melanoma+High Neutrophils+Low Lymphs=Cancer?

Over the past 3 years I've had numerous Carcinomas removed. Recently they found a Melanoma on my back (surgery Jan 6th). My last blood work showed WBC 11.7, Neutrophils 82, Lymphs 11, Neutrophils absolute 9.6, LH 10.6, Testosterone 260.3 and blood in my urine. Also I have had sharp pains on the right side of my abdomen near the ribs and along my right flank that has increased as of late. For background: both parent died from cancer Mother 41 Father 59. My question is: Should I be concerned that my cancer may have spread already?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
    Lmcp
    (female)

Lmcp HB User
    Re: Melanoma+High Neutrophils+Low Lymphs=Cancer?

Hi, my dad died from melanoma when he was 40. One thing I have learned over the years is if you are questioning something get it checked out ASAP. You know your body. Go to your doc and tell them you want a scan done. Good luck to you I hope all is well.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Melanoma+High Neutrophils+Low Lymphs=Cancer?

You didn't mention whether the carcinomas were skin cancers or other kinds. Were the margins clear on your melanoma excision? These labs aren't suggestive of cancer really. The pain is suggestive of a kidney stone, causing blood in urine and possibly a mild infection. I would think that is more likely. I would ask to have a CT scan of abdomen to check for kidney stone, a repeat urine for infection and a microscopic exam to check for crystals, seen with stones. The testosterone being low can be checked out later, and a pituitary panel may be helpful to see if that is where the hormone problem is originating.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cancer, lymphs, melanoma, neutrophils, testoserone