It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board

Oral Thrush/Can someone help me figure this out?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
leahnc
(female)

leahnc HB User
Antibiotic Oral Thrush Question

Im on a hefty dose of antibiotics Flagyl 500mg 2x daily and Biaxin 500mg 2x daily. Up til today, Id been drinking Kefir once a day and eating Greek Yogurt and taking Acidopholus (both yogurts Id been consuming have sugar as ingredient) All this to avoid antibiotic associated diarrhea. Today is Day 7 of 14 and I now have oral thrush. I have a thick white coating on my tongue and major anxiety. Doctor prescribed an antifungal lonzenge that I let dissolve in my mouth to take for 14 days.

I thought the probiotic would prevent this from happening but I think the sugary yogurt and other sweets after abstaining from sugar for a while, have created the perfect environment? I had been sugar free prior to starting the antibiotics but kinda been snacking on junk since I started the antibiotics. Any suggestions? THanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
leahnc
(female)

leahnc HB User
Oral Thrush/Can someone help me figure this out?

Hi. Just wondered what caused my Thrush?

I was on Flagyl 500mg 2x day + Biaxin 500mg 2x day + Prevacid 30mg 1x day for h pylori infection that I might not even have. I took them all together for 7 days. To my surprise I developed oral thrush. I was surprised because during treatment I was drinking 8 ounces of Kefir, taking 1 tablet of acidophilus and eating greek yogurt occasionally. I ate pretty healthy but did have a few days where I overindulged in cookies and sweets.

Anyone have an idea why Thrush developed despite my best efforts to intake good bacteria? Was the antibiotics eating all the probiotics? I took them 3 to 4 hours apart. My mouth was also super dry from the Flagyl even though I was drinking a lot of water. I will never take Flagyl again. My gastrointerologist told me to go off everything until after my Endoscopy. Thanks for reading

Old 12-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
Coldwelm
(female)

Coldwelm HB User
Re: Oral Thrush/Can someone help me figure this out?

I have suffered from candida issues for most of my adult life and have had this problem before. Sometimes no matter what I did I would still get an infection after antibiotics even if I had pulled out the kefir and probiotic arsenal like you did. The meds they gave me for thrush didn't even work for me (similar to the ones you're and on now) I had to take seven days of fluconazole pills and that was the only thing that got rid of the infection due to the intense resistance the fungal infections in my body seem to have to anything I throw at them. I would recommend staying away from any sugar and starchy foods...I mean not even natural sugars like fruits or veggies (such as sweet potatoes) for a little bit until your good bacteria can return from those nasty antibiotics.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:28 AM   #4
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Flagyl has nasty oral side effects. And they last for a long time after stopping it.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:06 AM   #5
albertz59
(male)

albertz59 HB User

i have been suffering from orla thrush and white tongue for 5 years now.
the only thing that helped me so far is a mouth wash that is used.
the name is Tarodent or any mouth wash that is simillar.
i by no means pushing this product and i hate any one that will try sell you any goods.
i suffer and suffered from this parasite for years and trying to give my objective experiance.

keep brushing your teeth and your tongue. visit dentist if needed.

Last edited by albertz59; 05-28-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #6
Cowboy112005
(male)

Cowboy112005 HB User

Yes!! Keep brushing your teeth and tounge.

Find a juice bar near bye and start drinking fresh pressed Juice,(or mak your own) ginger,wheat grass kale beets, tumeric, apples, lemon!! Drink it All. it can get expensive @ $20 a day for 2 16oz bottles. Anything you buy at the store is just plain crap and will not help, its all processed and pasturized.

Then do a salt water rinse 3x a day.. Swish 3-4x per rinse.

Eat Activia probiotic yogurt 3x a Day, Especially before bed. Do not brush after eating the yogurt.

This should clear up your infection..

Last edited by Cowboy112005; 06-02-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Closed Thread