It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board

Question about Candida

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Question about Candida

Some background information first: Several decades ago I took antibiotics on two separate occasions, once for bronchitis and once for pneumonia. After successfully taking antibiotics, I had no problems whatsoever. I am currently enjoying good health.

My question is this: Can a healthy person who likes to eat fruit get candida just from eating lots of sweet fruit? I eat a small bowl of fruit every morning as part of my breakfast. Other than that, I don't eat anything that has added (refined) sugar.

Last edited by JohnR41; 01-16-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #2
Candi4190
(female)

Candi4190 HB User
Re: Question about Candida

In my experience it depends on your body's insulin sensitivity. Some people don't process sugar well - it builds up in their bloodstream. Some fruit has more sugar than others, and some fruit has a higher glycemic load than others. You have to research each kind to know how much sugar you are getting. An apple seems like a healthy snack but it has 19 grams of sugar, which is a ton.

A lot of the nutrients in fruit can be gotten from vegetables, if you vary the color of them. Red and yellow vegetables duplicate many of the nutrients in fruit. You can be healthy without fruit, but you cannot be healthy without vegetables. Some of the most nutritious fruits are berries, and it is best to buy the organic variety.

I think sugar should be limited in everyone's diet. I try to never eat more than 4 grams at once, and about 12 grams in the course of one day. Sugar is naturally occurring in many foods, including dairy products, so avoiding other sources is a good idea. To answer your specific question, if you are an older person, your body might not use insulin optimally, and so eating a lot of fruit may cause too much sugar to circulate in your bloodstream. This can cause lots of health problems, Candida being only one of them. You are wise to eat the fruit in the morning when it can be burned off easily. It is also best to eat fruit by itself as it can cause bloating when combined with other foods. Fruit late in the day can lead to gas pains in many people.

Closed Thread