It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board

What happens after you take the medication?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #1
Clarken
(female)

Clarken HB User
What happens after you take the medication?

This is the first time I have had a yeast infection and I took an oral medication (one dose) from the local drug store. My question is what happens now? Does the built-up yeast just come out or what?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: What happens after you take the medication?

I hope that you took the one dose prescription medicine? An over the counter medicine will probably not work in one dose...but to answer your question, no it does not come out...yeast simply is a fungal infection and the medication helps it dry up and dissappear. You wont see it "healing" but you will feel better. The itch will dissappear and the area will not be tender any longer.

If you have questions and this was prescribed by your doctor- if it isnt working in 48 hours, call your prescribing doctor back. For some people it takes two doses even though for most it only takes one dose. It is a very strong antifungal drug!

Feel better soon!

Reply Reply

Tags
candida, women's health