It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board

oral thrush

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
snailj12
(female)

snailj12 HB User
oral thrush

i have been under extreme durress for the past few months. it has been chronic to the point i am not eating and sleeping well. it is a long story. anyway, i developed a case of oral thrush that just does not seem to be clearing. i started in nyastatin. it didn't help. i was started on diflucan. it's day 4 and somewhat improved. i have not been on recent anti- biotics or steroids-just a topical steroid but i have used that before. i started to get dry mouth a few weeks ago after blowing up several balloons and after that, this seemed to start I also had a CT scan of the chest but don't think that would have anything to do with it.
Anyway, when i went to the MD today, he insisted on testing me for HIV. my last test was on october and negative. i have had 3 partners within that time frame. one was unproctected but he did an oraquick test today and it was negative. another one had a negative results in march. The other guy was like twice and we used a condom. he said he hasn't been tested in a year.These are all upstanding guys. I am just freaking out and not sure if extreme stress is causing this thrush or what to think about the HIV test.
so frightened. need support

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: oral thrush

Hi there. It sounds like you were fairly safe in the sex department...oral thrush can be caused by allot of things...

Talk to your GP or dentist! There are mouthwashes you can use which work much better on yeast in the mouth than the oral pills seem to work. Rinsing with this mouthwash should take care of the problem quickly.

I wouldnt be overly worried about HIV....you have tested negatively...

Are you positive you arent allergic to the latex in the balloons? I am and I wind up with something very similar to thrush everytime I ever attempted to blow one up! Its just a thought, but you might want to also ask your doctor about possible allergies to latex.

Best to you.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:01 AM   #3
albertz59
(male)

albertz59 HB User
Re: oral thrush

i have been suffering from orla thrush and white tongue for 5 years now.
the only thing that helped me so far is a mouth wash that is used.
the name is Tarodent or any mouth wash that is simillar.
i by no means pushing this product and i hate any one that will try sell you any goods.
i suffer and suffered from this parasite for years and trying to give my objective experiance.

keep brushing your teeth and visit dentist if needed.

Reply Reply