It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board

Diflucan/Nystatin ... sick ... need input

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #1
hopeful15
(female)

hopeful15 HB User
Diflucan/Nystatin ... sick ... need input

My Current dr put me on Diflucan and Nystatin and told me to follow Candida diet. He assumes I have yeast problem but I have not been tested. I was on a lot of antibiotics growing up I'm am 32 but haven not had more than 2 doses of antibiotics in the last 15 years. Back in 2010 I had a lot of digestive issues, chronic diarrhea. The dr at the time worked with me on leaky gut and balancing that all out. Since then my only stomach issue is constipation. Unless I eat taco bell or a really high fat meal I never get a stomach upset.

Since I have been on Diflucan and Nystatin, I have gotten very ill. Everytime I stand I almost black out, if I stand too long I get dizzy and nauseous. I have either a rapid heart rate or it is thumping loud. My stomach hurts, I am peeing every 15min and I have had some kidney pain. I also had some menstrual bleeding, I am not pregnant and I am not suppose to start my period for 2 wks and I am always regular.

I have never been able to take meds, even steroids make me very ill, I had to get off my birth control pill years ago bc It elevated my liver and made me ill. so I was hesitant to take these pills. I called dr. He said it was a Herx/allergy withdraw from not eating my normal foods and if it keeps going to get off the pills for a few days than start taking them again.

My question Is: how does he know it is herx and not a reaction to the meds themselves?? He assumes I have allergies when I was tested in 2000, 2010,2013 and I had none. These were needle tests, IEE and IGG blood test
I am afraid the meds are too hard on my kidney and liver and I am getting sick.
I do not doubt I have some yeast issues. I also have trouble with the diet. I have always done well on a high dairy diet. If I am eating milk and cheese and cottage cheese I feel a lot better. Any time in the past when I cut them out I usually feel worse...I have never shown positive for dairy allergy.

Thoughts? oh also I am taking digestive enzymes, milk thistle, glutamine and probiotics

Last edited by hopeful15; 09-01-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Diflucan/Nystatin...sick...need input

Dear hopeful,

It's unlikely he knows for sure. Doctors offer drugs to try based on symptoms. Medical doctors very seldom suggest natural solutions unless it is a Naturopath doctor. Have a symptom, they order a drug, for the most part. That is why I don't often go to a medical doctor.

I think you need to rethink your symptoms and do a lot of reading and see if YOU agree with a diagnosis before you take any drug or over the counter substance.

Esp. because you like calcium rich food so much, for constipation I would suggest taking 200 mg Magnesium Citrate before bed time. If needed still after a few days, you can try taking 400 mg. If the stool becomes too loose, just take less of the Magnesium Citrate. Magnesium balances calcium. One needs the other to properly be assimilated in the body.

Many upsets we have are temporary and don't require drugs at all. I would need to know much more about your current health and what symptoms sent you to the doctor this last time before I could make any other suggestion.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 09-01-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #3
hopeful15
(female)

hopeful15 HB User

YaYagirl,
I have been sick for the last 3 years. I am 32 and healthy weight and eat fairly healthy. I have been tested for almost everything and no one knows what is wrong with me. Main symptoms started with problems speaking and singing. My muscles are tight and effects my throat, also I can't seem to get a good breath not short of breath, It is just effortful. I have extreme fatigue and my muscles in my neck and shoulder are very tight. I have tried everything to loosen them up, diet, yoga, physical therapy, meditation. The only thing that has brought some relief is myofascial release. It basically keeps me at a tolerable pain level. whatever is going on affects my right side of my body more. I had a neck injury that caused some nerve pain, neck dr and neurologist said I was fine but my nerve pain has continued and spread. One dr said it was probably neurological but all I could do was try to minimize my pain and fatigue and live with it. This recent dr is testing me for lyme but wanted me to do this antifungal due to my past antibiotic history, my fatigue and constipation.
I have ruled out any problem with lungs, vocal chords. I went to a speech therapist for voice, he said I was speaking fine, worked on posture. I have had thyroid tested came back fine. Lupus, RA and autoimmune test fine. I have basically had a CT or MRI of my upper body and there is nothing going on.
So main symptoms:
muscle tightness that affects the throat and right shoulder(although left shoulder is tight but not in pain)
Muscles in breathing not working right
Nerve pain-in scalp and neck- ocassionally my legs
Fatigue

It doesn't seem like yeast. I feel my only yeast symptoms could be fatigue, constipation and my brain is tired(but that could be to being in pain for 3 years)

Old 09-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear hopeful,

I would stop with the medical doctors at least for awhile unless you see an endocrinologist that understands thyroid issues and recommends natural thyroid. Perhaps you have some sort of imbalance but excessively searching for disease, in my personal experience leads to drugs with bad side effects that make matters worse.

Try listing your symptoms and doing your own research. That's what I always do, then I have some clue about what to try, but you must have a doctor that understands these things and doesn't just throw drugs at you.

For instance I have many symptoms similar to yours and have to take a natural thyroid (synthetic thyroid meds that are prescribed so much do nothing for me) and supplement with B12 injections once a week. Now after a great deal of research of my symptoms, I also suspect I may have Vasculitis. So I have to search for a doctor that can listen, understands the tests and results and can give a definitive direction, since I have all of the symptoms.

The first thing, IMO is that you get a handle on your anxiety. Nothing you mentioned about your breathing seems dangerous or unusual. Many changes that happen to our bodies are normal aging changes. While the changes may be unwelcome, they don't necessarily mean anything is 'wrong'.

One thing that is not helpful is trying drugs to stop what may just be normal aging changes. Drugs are rarely 'missing nutrients' and if we are missing nutrients, we need to change our diet. For example, milk bothers many people and causes mucous that affects the voice. For example I can't drink regular milk but I can tolerate organic milk and plain yogurt, sour cream and cheese. I don't do well on grains, but can eat sour dough bread and oats.

Maybe you need to take a look at your diet, and get into a healthy walking and/or regular exercise-stretching routine. I need a massage or to use a hot tub every few months to loosen up my neck and shoulders.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 09-01-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #5
hopeful15
(female)

hopeful15 HB User

Just to clear a few things up so not to get the wrong idea. I am taking Magnesium 400mg everyday, I have been for the last 2 years. Also I do stretching/yoga everyday for at least 1hr. And my breathing is not do to anxiety. I am a professionally trained singer and when all this started I noticed it was because I couldn't get the proper air flow to sing. I am not short of breath like an anxiety attack it is more that I am using the wrong muscles to breath. This is why I saw a speech therapist and checked out lungs and vocal cords.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:42 AM   #6
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dear Hopeful,

You might need a body trainer to learn more about doing the the whole body stretches, warm-ups, and aerobics and muscle building that you need right now...bodies and needs do change.

If you are still constipated with Magnesium 400mg is it Magnesium CITRATE?
There is magnesium that is not readily available to the body.

If you are currently already doing all the right things, you wouldn't be here, eh? Do you think you may need to rethink things you already have been doing?

You may need a different professional to help you use the right muscles for singing. All trainers are not equal. Some know next to nothing. I seriously doubt a medical doctor can help you with that.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 09-01-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #7
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful15 View Post
Just to clear a few things up so not to get the wrong idea. I am taking Magnesium 400mg everyday, I have been for the last 2 years. Also I do stretching/yoga everyday for at least 1hr. And my breathing is not do to anxiety. I am a professionally trained singer and when all this started I noticed it was because I couldn't get the proper air flow to sing. I am not short of breath like an anxiety attack it is more that I am using the wrong muscles to breath. This is why I saw a speech therapist and checked out lungs and vocal cords.
Hopeful, you very well may have an autoimmune disorder that just has not shown up in your blood tests yet. It's common for autoimmune symptoms to precede lab evidence, so labs need to be repeated periodically like every 6-12 months. Personally, I would stop the anti yeast meds, since they are making you feel worse and there is no objective evidence you have yeast. I would see a rheumatology Dr and make sure you are checked for autoimmune thyroid disease, which requires different tests than hormone levels, and make sure you are checked for anemia and common autoimmune diseases such as lupus. There are many tests that can be done on the blood that will provide clues. You need tests for inflammation, sed rate and CRP, as that could be causing the problem with your voice (inflammation of the vocal chords). I know 2 people who get hoarse every time their autoimmune disease flares up. I hope you get answers soon. I had symptoms of lupus for ten years before my lab tests showed up what was wrong. Please don't give up and reach out to a rheumatology Dr to check this out. You seem to be on an"alternative" path, which may not be the best thing. You can find drs who are mainstream that are still open to holistic remedies as well as traditional ones, but you must pursue a diagnosis first and not be on treatment based on guesses, but on evidence and experience. Good luck and let us know how things go for y.

Reply Reply