It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board

• Nystatin/Medistatin Questions for Candida Overgrowth

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-14-2018, 10:10 PM   #1
    friday126
    (male)

friday126 HB User
    Nystatin/Medistatin Questions for Candida Overgrowth

Diagnosed with candida 8 months ago. Went on restrictive diet and tried antimicrobials. Didn't help much. Started doing enemas. Seemed to get a good amount of what looks like yeast or fungus out but seem to do even better when I do retention enemas with nystatin/medistatin. Medistatin is nystatin for birds. Yup. My U.S. based doctors won't give me an antifugal perscription or believe in candida. Got my testing done through a 'functional medicine' doctor and I can't get anything strong through her. Anyway forum member elsewhere tells me medistatin has a bunch of dextrose and lactose in it which is suppose to be really bad for candida. My skin has gotten better since starting the enemas but I do get discomfort in what feels like my lower bowels. Could be from the Sugar from the medistatin or SIBO or I don't know what.

Should I be worried about the lactose and dextrose in the medistatin and use something else for retention enemas and oral antifungals? Suggestions on something strong? Antimicrobials like berberine and sf722 and oil of oregano don't seem to do a damn thing for me. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Nystatin/Medistatin Questions for Candida Overgrowth

Who diagnosed you with candida, where do you have it, and what was prescribed by who diagnosed you?

q

Old 09-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Who dx you with candida? Was it the functional medicine doctor? Have you thought about seeing a regular PCP or having further testing? Derms can also dx candida if it is on the skin....

I would not be doing what you are doing, but thats just me. I would find a doctor who can prescribe you antifungals which will rid you of the yeast.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:15 AM   #4
    feelingsad2
    (female)

feelingsad2 HB User

I can totally understand why you would try something like that. Most people may not understand but I have the exact same issue & the same thing with my doctor. He will prescribe me diflucan 1 a day for 30 days but that is not enough.

It has completely taken over my body, sinuses, skin, joints & hair & I feel so hopeless like there is no way out. I wonder If there is an underlying issue that I'm not aware of but can't really get any professional help that believes that this even exists. I don't understand. If someone would tell me exactly what to do, what to take & how long. No matter what it took I would do it to get rid of this.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-22-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #5
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

I don't believe oil of oregano or enemas would do one thing for sugar overload. and I would not use those drugs. It sounds like you have systemic yeast overgrowth. Yeast feeds on sugar, so you must cut the sugars and refined wheat products out of your diet until the body is rebalanced. And, if we are not muscular and physically active we may need to cut sugars out indefinitely. I know I am one of those people and I pay for it when I indulge in high carb foods.

Sugar feeds yeast and candida. We have to cut out the sugar at least till the body is rebalanced. Even if that means not even eating fruit or fruit juice for awhile. We can take Vit. C in pill form.

Antifungals simply cannot overcome fungus and yeast overgrowth if we are eating sugar and 'refined' sugar and fast food products. That is not even food, in my opinion. I call it fake food. It might taste great, but it is not called junk food for no reason. I don't think it even tastes good, but those products are highly addictive.

To overcome candida we must stop consuming junk food, candy and refined food products. Most of the flavoring that is added to coffees and sodas are pure poison.
    Of course, some will argue for natural flavorings. Well, I would have to say who pours in a little pure vanilla?
    There are loads of refined sugars and corn syrups used in those products.

To recover we must stop using those things.

Last edited by yayagirl; 12-22-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Reply Reply

« thrush ugh ! | - »