It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board

• Started the Candida diet

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2004, 09:04 PM   #1
    GettingWellAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
    Question Started the Candida diet

Hi everyone,
    I FINALLY started the Candida diet. I was already not eating MOST carbs, anything fermented, any dairy, etc., but I dropped REALLY low on carbs (pretty much NONE at all) and I completely stopped sugar, for the second time. I am dizzy, I have a headache, I'm nauseous, have NO APPETITE, have no sweet/sugar cravings (which I find to be strange), I'm spacey, and my blood sugar keeps dropping very low (I can tell because I get tingling and numbness around my mouth) but I'm not hungry. Is this all to be expected?
    Thanks,
    Katalina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2004, 09:35 PM   #2
    Fruit Loop
    Inactive

Fruit Loop HB User
    Re: Started the Candida diet

I believe it is normal, it is called "induction" with the Atkins Diet.
    I hope it is over for you soon.

Old 07-18-2004, 08:05 AM   #3
    janscrub
    Inactive

janscrub HB User

candidal hypersensitivity/overgrowth is a complete fiction. candida are a normal part of the bowel flora. the rationale behind the candida diet is nonsense.

there was a study in the New England Journal of Medicine that clearly demonstrated that the symptoms of "candidal hypersensitivity" are not helped by anti-fungal treatment

systemic candidiasis is not helped by the anti-candida diet - it requires powerful anti-fungals

Old 07-18-2004, 09:09 PM   #4
    GettingWellAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

janscrub,
    I'm confused about what you are saying. Isn't candidal overgrowth PART of systemic candidiasis? Maybe candidal hypersensitivity is complete fiction, but if you're saying that candidal overgrowth is bull but believe in systemic candidiasis, aren't you contradicting yourself? Also, I don't see why the anti-candida diet would not help if yeast feeds on sugar and fermented products. Not eating these things would make the yeast weaker, I would think, as they are starving.
    Katalina

Old 07-18-2004, 09:45 PM   #5
    kovena

kovena HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Started the Candida diet

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solstice1221
    janscrub,
    I'm confused about what you are saying. Isn't candidal overgrowth PART of systemic candidiasis? Maybe candidal hypersensitivity is complete fiction, but if you're saying that candidal overgrowth is bull but believe in systemic candidiasis, aren't you contradicting yourself? Also, I don't see why the anti-candida diet would not help if yeast feeds on sugar and fermented products. Not eating these things would make the yeast weaker, I would think, as they are starving.
    Katalina
    I had to go on an anti-candida diet too in 1995. I had candida overgrowth in ALL my bodily organs including my Brain and it caused Migraines that would NOT go away. It is more involved than just not eating sugars and fermented products. You have to stop eating ANYTHING with yeast in it, breads, macaroni's, no milk products either, etc. Almost everything on the market will have sugar, yeast or fermented products in them. I was on a diet of ground Organic Pecans (I ground them myself after baking them lightly) and I used some almond oil to help with the dryness of them, and I made homemade crackers with rice flour, egg, and almond oil and water. No Yeasts...I ate raw organic vegies that did not have a lot of natural sugars in them, green leaf and red leaf letuce, spinach, celery, radishes...etc...anything without a lot of natural sugars (No Fruit or juices) using lemon and olive oil and spices as dressing. I was on that diet for over 6 months. I also went through multiple remedies for 2 years until I found Colloidal Silver and within 1 week of using Colloidal Silver I had overcome the invasion of yeast(candida!!!) I used 2 tablespoons of 500PPM Colloidal Silver in 1/4 cup of water 6 times a day. By the end of the week I was able to go down to 1 tablespoon 2 times a day as maintenance dose. I used it for 2 years after and whenever I start finding things are smelling weird again I go back on it. That is the 1st symptom that I get from having an overload. What is so weird is that I had it everywhere but not vaginally!!!! I bought myself a Colloidal Silver maker and now do not have to pay the horrendous prices for the Colloidal Silver.
    Also I found that I had to make the pecan spread in small batches because as soon as you allow it to hit the air it gets an unseen film of mold on it, as does everything else. All leftovers have a film of mold that cannot be seen or tasted...as soon as they are cooled off from cooking. It was Hell for me until I found out about Colloidal Silver. I also made a solution to (Always use distilled water) spray up my nose because I had it in my sinuses really bad. I used one of those atomizers from the store that has the nose spray in a MIST in it, emptied it and cleaned it real good and mixed a slight bit more salt into the colloidal silver(to match the salinity in your mucus membranes in your sinuses...you will know when it is not enough salt because it will feel uncomfortable, almost as if it burns...but do not use too much either!) mixture and sprayed it up my nose as much as I wanted. I had had a sever infection in my sinuses for over 4 years and it was gone within 2 weeks from the Colloidal Silver. Look it up on the internet from a good search engine. I wish you a quick and successful Healing! OH! Please DO NOT USE any antibiotics...it will cause the candida to grow! Please read up on Colloidal Silver. I sware by it, it saved my life. OH! I used a good strain of Acidophilous too, it has good bacteria that eats up candida in it..Remember you will feel a bit worse for a bit as the toxins of dead candida are forced out of your system.
    "Above All Do No Harm"...Love and Healing Light to All of you...kovena

Last edited by kovena; 07-18-2004 at 09:49 PM.

Old 07-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #6
    GettingWellAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

Kovena,
    Wow! That is so interesting. I keep hearing about colloidal silver, but honestly know nothing about it, especially as a Candida treatment. I also have an infection throughout my entire body, although I don't know if my brain is included. Like you, I have Candida everywhere BUT my vagina. For the past 4 months or so, dairy and gluten/wheat containing products have been out of my diet, and for the past two months or so anything fermented is completely out of my diet. For a long time now, I've been living on rice pasta, almond milk, mostly meats, almond butter, corn chips from time to time, veggies, and that's basically IT. I'm allergic to almost everything else you can think of. I JUST eliminated the sugar again, because I will drinking iced tea and pink lemonade all day long again after having sugar completely out of my diet a few months back. Well, things, of course, got worse when I started eating sugar again. I am so sick and soooo frustrated with Candida because I want to live my life!!! I am going to research colloidal silver. That's really interesting that you MAKE your own, amazing. I was also thinking about talking to my doctor about my illness and seeing if he would prescribe some Nystatin powder. Do you have any experience with this? By the way, do you have the recipe for those crackers you made? Those sound really good, as do the pecans. I was also really intrigued when you said that things started smelling weird to you. What do you mean by that? That sounds like a symptom of mine. It's almost as if I can't smell things correctly, I can't describe it. My mom always makes fun of this symptom. If you had that bad of a systemic Candidiasis infection and it is GONE, I am ABSOLUTELY going to take your advice and try collidal silver. I can't thank you enough for this information.
    Katalina

Old 07-19-2004, 03:32 PM   #7
    rugrats4
    (female)

rugrats4 HB User

hello all, I am new to the boards and was reading this post. If I may ask what symptoms did you have that made you think of Candida?
    I do not have a yeast infection, however, I feel tired all the time, my face tingles around my cheekbones and cheeks, my arms will tingle. They are not numb, but they feel like they are tingling. I have headaches, my nose is stuffed up, my chest hurts, my legs hurt, I feel jittery. I could go on, but no need to bore you all with my whining!!
    I would appreciate any help that can be given.
    Thanks in advance for any replies

Old 07-20-2004, 02:32 PM   #8
    GettingWellAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

Hi rugrats4,
    The main reason that I'm pointing to my problem being Candida is the fact that I was taking heavy amounts of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for quite a while, I was on numerous rounds of heavy antibiotics, and took massive amounts of all kinds of antacids for at least a year, and all of those things greatly contribute to Candida. What actually happened firstwas my stomach problems, which caused me to take all of the antacids. I had constant acid reflux, some regurgitation, and esophageal, stomach, and intestinal spasms. Next, I started getting REALLY bad low blood sugar episodes where I would faint, and I was even in the hosital twice, and saw an endocrinologist. No one would diagnose me as having hypoglycemia or reactive hypoglycemia because my low blood sugar episodes never came in a pattern. My body kept falling into the STATE of hypoglycemia, but I wasn't hypoglycemic. I had to look for another cause of my problems. I knew already that it was SOMETHING with food, because it always happened after eating. I started doing elimination diets and I started testing my reactions to different types of foods, and each time I eliminated a certain food, my hypoglycemic episodes went away and I felt a lot better. Since then, I've developed more and more food allergies, and barely eat anything. My overall allergy load of food AND environmental allergies is unbelievable. I can't remember how many months it's been since I've been able to smell things. My food allergy symptoms vary, but they include fatigue, tingling around my mouth (sometimes could mean you have low blood sugar), dizziness, nausea, bloating, constipation, acid reflux, stomach and intestinal pain/spasms, anxiety, depression, feeling "drunk", "high", or "spacey", low blood pressure, water retention, constant eye mucous secretions, muscle and joint aches and pains, among many more. I have an appointment with an allergist in August and I can't wait because now, my allergies are so bad that my throat keeps swelling up and I am very close to going into anaphylactic shock on a once-per-week basis. Your symptoms could very well be allergy-related, or Candida related, but I really don't know enough about your health to say, but keep us posted as to what's going on, and I wish you the best of luck in finding out what's going on with your body
    Katalina

Closed Thread