It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board

Need help dealing with my boyfriend's sister, please.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #1
DaniLyn

DaniLyn HB User
Unhappy Need help dealing with my boyfriend's sister, please.

I have a boyfriend who is a lot older than I, but were amazingly
in love
He has a sister who is 7 years younger than he is She has spoken to me horribly, called me every name in the book, cussed me demanded I do not call her home and her brothers ever again.
She sometime thinks he is her husband or brother etc. I guess my question is how do I handle a situation like this?
i know don't call and he should get a cell phone but can not afford one right now.
Yes we write on the pc and letters but there is nothing like hearing the one you love voice.
#2 I am worried she is coming home from therapy soon is going to give him you know what because she went in there for 3 months. She is furious at him abd he has various health problems serious ones. How can he help to keep the fights abay or to very little? I am concern about him more than anythinng.
She listens on the [hone and sometimes she is ok with me caling other time OH BOY! please help thank you. Any questions please ask I will gladly answer.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-23-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Need help dealing with my boyfriend's sister, please.

what is the age difference between you two? He lives with his sister and can't afford a cell phone? Does he work? This sounds like kids behavior and I'm curious to everyones ages....
The best you can do is just try to get along and don't go out of your way to cause problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
DaniLyn (01-24-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 07:48 PM   #3
DaniLyn

DaniLyn HB User

Thank you Rose Quartz for your quick reply and help.
I am in my early 50's and he is in his late 70's.
He is retired and is not in well health.
He is going to the rehab his sister is at- after he gets out of the hospital and I am worried if she is at home he might not go do ro the rehab center. you think they will make him? He will be worried who will take care of her, he is that way.
I spoke to him earlier he said he is going to get a cell phone, I was so happy to hear this and I am so happy they are going to work with him to get him stronger.
He has beat cancer so far and he has heart failer but my love for him grows stronger. I have only 1 question he can't get out of going to rehab for therapy? This is to make his heart, walking etc everything stronger. Any info is so much appreciated. His sister's aid will come in and help she was in a bad accident and can not walk.
Her family is few and no one wants to care for her_ I am in my early 50's she is in her early 70's and he is in his late 80's. His sisters brain was badly damaged in the car accident, she is sycophantic and bio polar she is very difficult to get along with she cusses, screams, throws things etc this is why the rehab is letting her leave so early. I hope this info helps.
My boyfriend can not afford a good nursing home for his sister he is retired and living on a set income.
He has cancer but he is beating it, he has epiliosy since he was 17_ he has heart failer but he is doing well.
His blood pressure was going up to high and way to low. Now they have that under control he is just so tired. They have the water off his heart they just drained that. I hope this info will help you understand what is going on better.

Last edited by DaniLyn; 01-23-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

oh yikes, I didn't realize you folks were adults! The way his sister acts is very childish. As far as re-hab, I think it's his choice, it's not mandatory, but it is recommended! He should go to rehab, it will be the best thing for him. Tell him if he can't get his strength and his health back who will take care of his sister then? What about social security or disability? His sister should be getting something like that, and should be able to get into some type of facility if she needs to. Also the government has a program where they provide cell phones free of charge to low income people and senior citizens, maybe you can look into that? Best of luck to you and hang in there!

Old 01-30-2018, 06:56 AM   #5
DaniLyn

DaniLyn HB User
rose quartz and eveyone I need your help please. DESPRATELY please.

I apologize for not being here my pc was in the shop. But now my boyfriend and his 1st sister had some words and she demanded I don't call her anymore. He has bills to be paid and his aid will not call me back. They are dugging him were he is not his self, he said they leave him in that bed constantly, not letting him do his excercies he is miserable! He is hurting from being in there so long and he is sore and he needs to shave they wont let him. His beard is driving hin insane. MOST IMPORTANT! HE needs to pay his bills and I will if his 1st sister does not call me i will have to call her and see why she wont help with his bills.I don't know what to do on my boyfriend being in there and they are mistreating hin he will use the bathroom on his self and they leave him or he will be in pain and they wont come i call at the correct more to get a nurse to help. I don't want to complain there beccause they may really mistreat him? I want to call and complain. What can I do? any help is appreciate and they are NOT letting him do his excercies.

Reply Reply