It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board

• Adult Daughter trying to help father

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
    Gbodor
    (female)

Gbodor HB User
    Adult Daughter trying to help father

Hello Everyone,

My name is Gari and I have been the primary caregiver for my estranged father for the past 5 months. I am also a single parent with two teenagers and I work a number of jobs to keep us afloat. It became too volatile for my dad to continue living in our home about a month ago and I was fortunate to get him into a very good facility here in my remote town in northern New Mexico but my dad cannot afford to stay there long and even with a spend down of his few assets to make him eligible for medicaid, they will not take it anywhere near me in a facility that would be suitable. Hence I am currently looking to relocate him to the Ensenada area of Baja as I go like to visit there frequently anyway. The other option would be Hungary where he is from but it would be almost impossible for me to make sure he was receiving good care. Any and all experience/suggestions appreciated.

Happy to be here!
    Gari

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
    Sandy Caregiver
    (female)

Sandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB User
    Re: Adult Daughter trying to help father

Is there an elderly service in your area that could help you sort thru this? It's usually at the Senior Center.

Reply Reply