It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

CTS/CuTS ulnar nerve transposition - surgery schedule 8/9

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2016, 04:09 PM   #1
Trc2k16
(male)

Trc2k16 HB User
CTS/CuTS ulnar nerve transposition - surgery schedule 8/9

Looking to talk to people who have been down this road before.

What started with shooting pains in my armpit area turned into ring/pinky finger numbness for the last month or so.

I had an EMG 2 weeks ago and last week the doctor told me I have severe ulnar nerve damage and a minor case of CTS in my non-dominant right hand/arm. He wants to do both at the same time.

I'm a little nervous about the surgery. I don't think I've seen one post anywhere where good things were said about it.

I don't want to be out of work for weeks or months.

Should I get a 2nd opinion? What about B12 deficiency? I don't take vitamins maybe I should?

I'm 41 with no known health issues till now.

Comments appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
Trc2k16
(male)

Trc2k16 HB User
Re: CTS/CuTS ulnar nerve transposition - surgery schedule 8/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trc2k16 View Post
Looking to talk to people who have been down this road before.

What started with shooting pains in my armpit area turned into ring/pinky finger numbness for the last month or so.

I had an EMG 2 weeks ago and last week the doctor told me I have severe ulnar nerve damage and a minor case of CTS in my non-dominant right hand/arm. He wants to do both at the same time.

I'm a little nervous about the surgery. I don't think I've seen one post anywhere where good things were said about it.

I don't want to be out of work for weeks or months.

Should I get a 2nd opinion? What about B12 deficiency? I don't take vitamins maybe I should?

I'm 41 with no known health issues till now.

Comments appreciated!
LOL what a dead message board.

Mods if you read this please delete my account. Definitely won't be back here.

Oh... The surgery went well! Not that anyone will actually read this! Haha

Old 03-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
rose4me
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User
Re: CTS/CuTS ulnar nerve transposition - surgery schedule 8/9

I have shared your frustration with folks not responding to questions about ulnar surgeries and possible outcomes too. After I eventually healed from my ulnar nerve transposition surgery in 2008 - and looked and looked for feedback from this board, I eventually realized that this sort of thing is just what it is, uncommon. I eventually had surgery - six months after a side impact auto accident. All the recommended physical therapy did was alleviate some of the soreness and range of motion experienced from the trauma of the accident, and did not cure the problem. I began to notice that grasping things with my hand was problematic and the pain was quite awful. Like a toothache that just would not get better, no matter what I did. Surgeon also performed a guyans canal release - on the hand on the arm of the surgery for the ulnar nerve transposition surgery - so I was in an incredible amount of pain afterwards, but with additional therapy and a new way of picking up objects, I feel quite well. Not the same as before, but that is not an anomaly here I believe. In any case - so sorry you were ignored - it wasn't personal though - too much else going on the world - right - cheers to you, should you see this at some point.

Reply Reply