It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

Ulnar nerve

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
Katyl
(female)

Katyl HB User
Ulnar nerve

Hi guys, Iím wondering if anyone can give me any help! Iíve spent the last two years suffering with extreme pain, in December I was finally operated on and had my left ulnar nerve released and repositioned! I had no follow up appointments or physio planned by the hospital and unfortunately suffered with the same pain post surgery so I organised to see my surgeon and today was the day! First of all it was the worst hospital appointment Iíve ever experienced, as soon as I walked in and explained I was still in pain my surgeon told me there was nothing more that he could do and it would now be a case of dealing with chronic pain for the rest of my life basically! Iím 24 years old and this seems like such a crazy outcome, Iím so surprised that heís laid this on the table before even considering any alternative investigations into it! Iíve had no nerve tests done EVER the only thing theyíve done is an MRI 2 years ago.. Iíve asked to be referred for a second opinion which is in 7 weeks time but any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #2
yray
(male)

yray HB User
Re: Ulnar nerve

The fact he did surgery w/o nerve test is a big red flag. Also there should have been PT planned or talked about before the procedure. Just had a similar op last month. How are you doing now???

Reply Reply