It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• Please Help!!! I don't know what I should do with my wrist

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2004, 08:58 AM   #1
    krendlmagic

krendlmagic HB User
    Please Help!!! I don't know what I should do with my wrist

I have just started researching CTS, and am not sure quite what to do. It seems that everyone online is selling the "magic remedy" to heal it, but I know better and would like to get some advice from real people first.

I am in a weird situation. You see I am a full-time professional magician. The last 3 to 4 years I have do an average of 400 shows a year! In the process of doing shows I will twist balloon sculptures at lot of those shows. I know I am doing a lot of hyperextension of my right wrist when I twist the balloons and am positive that is what has caused my CTS. The problem is I really can't stop this activity, because it is my life. I am 24 years old and just this past couple of weeks I wrists are bad. I have the numbness and tingling sensation mainly in my thumb and pinky.

I have been taking IB prophien for about a week now and I have been wearing a wrist splint at night and a wrist brace during the day (the ace bandage kind).

I don't know what to do at this point. I have health insurance and if I have to go to a doctor then I will, but I am curious to know what I can do without a doctor. I hate going to a doctor for him/her to tell me something so simple, that I could of found out about it on my own. But instead I waited the whole day in a doctor's office and paid a whole bunch of money to pay for all the test they give you.

What things should I be doing to better my wrist? You see I believe in doing what I can first and then if it doesn't work then I see a doctor.

Are there exercises I should be doing? Are there over the counter drugs I can take? Are there foods I should be eating? Should I be icing it or heating it?

I just tried one of those heated wax things (I forget what they are called) were you dip your hand in the heated wax. It feels really good on my wrist, but does it really help me at all?

Also is CTS something I can treat and it go away or will I be dealing with this the rest of my life?

I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to help me. I am really scared as to what I am suppose to do. So thanks again for helping.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
    ruby03

ruby03 HB User
    Re: Please Help!!! I don't know what I should do with my wrist

Hi, I am new here and read your post, yes I serched the internet too and found a cream called CT Cream. Have you heard of that one? Anyway I order it for my husband cuz he has CT and is too the point that he needs surgery. Anyway this cream he order has helped. So much that he has cancled his surgery, So here is the link. Good luck

[url]www.sorehand.com/ctcream.htm[/url]

Old 01-10-2004, 08:08 PM   #3
    krendlmagic

krendlmagic HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ruby03
    Hi, I am new here and read your post, yes I serched the internet too and found a cream called CT Cream. Have you heard of that one? Anyway I order it for my husband cuz he has CT and is too the point that he needs surgery. Anyway this cream he order has helped. So much that he has cancled his surgery, So here is the link. Good luck

[url]www.sorehand.com/ctcream.htm[/url]
    Thank you so much for that bit of adivce I was hoping someone would try and help me out.

I really appreciate it. I am going to look into this week.

Thanks again!!

Old 01-24-2004, 10:42 PM   #4
    Irish Cream

You might also want to try a heating pad,etc. When mine first started the warmth felt great.

Old 02-01-2004, 09:28 AM   #5
    fiachasorcha

fiachasorcha HB User

I would suggest going to the doctor. I hate going too, but for me the pain eventually got so bad that I couldn't wait any longer. And from what my doctor said, if you get it treated early enough, it could just go away.

Closed Thread