It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• why is no one answering my post on carpal tunnel syndrome?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
    Legacygirl

Legacygirl HB User
    Angry why is no one answering my post on carpal tunnel syndrome?

Hi I am the one who posted about Doctor say I might have carpal tunnel syndrome help. So far no one posted any reply, why are they posting reply on other people's post about they think they may have carpal syndrome, but they don't bother to answer mine? Sorry if my english is not making sense I do have learning disablities to let you guys know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2004, 05:39 AM   #2
    Miss Megara

Miss Megara HB User
    Re: why is no one answering my post on carpal tunnel syndrome?

Try not to take it personal, understand that it takes a while to generate responses. It took literally weeks before anyone replied to my first post. There are no enemies here, so just be patient.

I have Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, not Carpel - so rest assured; I'm not ignoring you - I'm just not qualified to answer your questions.

Last edited by Miss Megara; 02-19-2004 at 05:40 AM.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
    Legacygirl

Legacygirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Miss Megara
    Try not to take it personal, understand that it takes a while to generate responses. It took literally weeks before anyone replied to my first post. There are no enemies here, so just be patient.

I have Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, not Carpel - so rest assured; I'm not ignoring you - I'm just not qualified to answer your questions.
    Thank you for explain now I feel better.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:10 AM   #4
    cheryl1121
    (female)

cheryl1121 HB User

Sorry not many are responding to you, I only go to this site once in a while, my carpel tunnel has now turned into RSD so I usually go there. I had surgery in both hands last August, but after a couple weeks the pain started getting very severe and different, the numbness was mostly gone but the pain in my wrist and fingers became very bad, now they are almost totally useless. My fingers get very stiff and cannot bend them on most days. I just started therapy last week, will be going to that 3 days a week for six weeks. Had an MRI done on my cervical spine last week, but don't know the results of it yet. This was a w/c case and has been very difficult to get any treatments. I know that it has turned into RSD but am waiting for approval of a pain management doctor to verify. My hands turn a deep purple and go from very hot to freezing cold throughout the day. To help you though I suggest that you wear the splints every night. They will help with the numbness and pain through the night. If you do alot of typing or writing I would suggest also to give that up for a while and see if you can get rid of the numbness. The longer you go on working with your hands the worse it will get and more than likely you will have surgery. I know most people do well after the surgery but there are a few that do have worse problems afterwards. That is why I would try doing other type of work before going to the surgery. I would not take the risk. If I would have known what I do now I would have never had surgery. My problem now is for life and has gone to several parts of my body. My new dr. thinks that my cervical area was where the problem was coming from and not CTS, but the w/c dr. did not even check that first. Oh well at least the past week I have finally started to get something done. I have now applied for disability and have pretty much changed my whole life around. All of this because I keep working doing data entry from a desk that was not a correct workstation and a chair that had a broke back that made it where I could not sit properly. This caused cervical problems and lower back problems and the hand/wrist problems. Thought I had to work because I needed to have the paycheck, now I have not had any money since August. W/c only paid the four weeks I was out for the surgeries. And we are making it ok on my husbands check, you adjust when you have to, but now I will pay forever. Good luck and if this is w/c case for you, be very careful what you do and get all the second opinions you can before surgery.

Old 03-02-2004, 09:43 PM   #5
    MargieRuth

MargieRuth HB User

Sorry for not replying to your post. I wasn't sure what I wanted to say. You do need to get testing. Though my surgery was done a few yrs. back, I had an EMG, ordered by an orthopedic hand surgeon. This indicated CTS. I definitely needed surgery. I have never regretted it because my hand is wonderful now. When you call the clinic, do you get an automated answer, if so, do they have an extension for appointments? If not, and you can't get through, maybe your primary Doc or his nurse could help you get this done. Please try to get a testing. I know how painful and inconvenient this is when untreated. I was in a lot of pain before. I did not have to have physical therapy just massaged the area frequently after the sutures were removed. I used vitamin E oil or, if I recall, occasionally lotion. It felt good to do that. Good luck. Maggie

Old 03-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #6
    jokehakk

jokehakk HB User

L. GIRL, NOT SURE WHAT YOUR 1ST POST WAS. HAVE FULL BODY RSD IN MY LEFT LEG AND BOTH ARMS, NECK, AND SHOULDER. I ALSO HAVE BILATERAL CARPAL TUNNEL,THORACIC OULET SYNDROME, AND A DOUBLE CRUSH SYNDROME AT MY LEFT ELBOW. I DEVELOPED RSD IN LEFT KNEE AFTER KNEE SURGERY, THEN I WAS PUT IN A SITTING JOB DEVELOPED ALL THIS UPPER BODY STUFF AND MY RSD DECIDED TO JOIN THE PARTY AND INVADE MY UPPER BODY. I CANNOT HAVE ANY INJECTIONS OR SURGERY UNTIL THE RSD GOES IN REMISSION. MAKE SURE YOUR DOCTOR DOES A EMG WITH NEEDLES AND MAYBE EVEN A SSEP TEST. THIS MAKES SURE THE NERVES AREN'T MESSED UP AT THE THORACIC OUTLET. ALOT OF DOCTORS DON'T DO ENOUGH TESTS AND DECIDE YOU GOT CARPAL TUNNEL, DO SURGERY AND BOOM THE PAIN IS WORSE OR IT MADE THE PROBLEM WORSE. HOPE THIS HELP, 2 GOOD READS-light at the end of the carpal tunnel and the carpal tunnel handbook, both by dr. scott fried. excellent books.

Closed Thread