It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• Electrical/Tingling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
    worryworttx

worryworttx HB User
    Electrical/Tingling

Hey everyone, quick question...I have carpal tunnel in my left and not typical cts...usually originates in my upper arm area and mainly on in my wrist, but today I started having a what I can only call an electrical tingly king of sensation in my indez and middle fingers on my right hand...does thsis sound right with carpal tunnel?

Please advise...

Thanks,
    Bec

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2004, 04:30 PM   #2
    catty123

catty123 HB User
    Post Re: Electrical/Tingling

Quote:
    Originally Posted by worryworttx
    Hey everyone, quick question...I have carpal tunnel in my left and not typical cts...usually originates in my upper arm area and mainly on in my wrist, but today I started having a what I can only call an electrical tingly king of sensation in my indez and middle fingers on my right hand...does thsis sound right with carpal tunnel?

Please advise...

Thanks,
    Bec
    I have it in both hands,suppose to have surgery wed. on the left hand. it does feel like you are getting a light shock..but it also will start to hurt , alot at night.. Have you noticed if your getting weaker in the hands or dropping things more often? Ido .

Old 10-01-2004, 12:04 PM   #3
    lidia09
    Veteran
    (female)

lidia09 HB User
    Re: Electrical/Tingling

Hi Bec
    That electrical tingly feeling in the index & middle fingers can indeed indicate a carpal tunnel problem. The fact that you say it affects your upper arm makes me wonder though. The median nerve runs from the neck, all the way down the arm then branches off into the thumb, index & middle fingers. The carpal tunnel is in the wrist - it's a group of bones & the nerve runs through a wee tunnel. The ligament gets thickened at the wrist & squashes the tunnel so you get that tingly feeling or even numbness or pain. The operation consists of cutting the ligament & stretching the tunnel.

Having said all that, the nerve can get squashed in a few places from the neck downwards so with your upper arms being affected, I wonder if your problem is higher up? Have you ever had a neck injury?

There's quite a few tests can be done to determine where the problem is so my suggestion is that you go along & see your doc. to help find out exactly what's causing it.

Best wishes.
    Lidia

Closed Thread