It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• can CTS effect the pinky in anyway???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2002, 11:00 PM   #1
    Braveheart07
    (male)

Braveheart07 HB User
    Unhappy can CTS effect the pinky in anyway???

For the past few months i have been waking up and my hands are numb. After a few seconds i shake it off and it goes away. I spend about 8-10 hours a day for my job as a web designer. Recently i have been experiecing my hands feeling a tingling sensation during the course of the day.

I am aware of CTS and i would think that I have it. The only thing that puzzles me is that my pinky finger is numb when i wake up aswell along with my other fingers. I read that your pinky finger is not a symptom of CTS so i am wondering what is wrong??

Can CTS involve the pinky aswell in some cases? If not, what is wrong with me??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2002, 04:24 PM   #2
    babybeluga2759

babybeluga2759 HB User
    hi,, if your pinky and or ring finger or half of the middle finger are involved....there possibly is a problem with the ulnar nerve...those are the fingers that the ulnar nerve controls....if your thumb and index and the other half of the middle finger are affected then it is the median nerve that causes
    carpal tunnel...
    have you been to a doctor yet??? you will probably have to have a emg done to find out exactly where the problem is...you can have carpal tunnel and a problem with the ulnar nerve at the same time....good luck to you ....diane

Old 08-12-2002, 11:34 AM   #3
    Rebekkah

Rebekkah HB User
    Thanks for the info about pinkies... My pinky (right hand) is usually the first to go numb with accompanying wrist/hand pain, though for the past while I've also had serious pain in my thumb.

Old 08-12-2002, 05:00 PM   #4
    Brookej

Brookej HB User
    Hi bmw2377,
    I was having trouble with numbness in my left hand ring and pinky fingers about a year ago. After researching on the internet, I decided it might be from compression of my ulnar nerve. I was on my home computer a lot and realized that I was resting my left elbow on a hard wood surface a lot while using the computer. I quit doing that and the numbness went away. The numbness did not go away immediately but it did go away. It's a thought since you use the computer a lot. Good luck.

Closed Thread