It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• Carpal Tunnel or Tendonitis?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
    anxiouslady
    (female)

anxiouslady HB User
    Carpal Tunnel or Tendonitis?

Hi.
    I'm new to the carpal tunnel board here and have some questions so please bare with me.
    About 2 years ago, I went to the doctor because of swelling in my left forearm. It literally had an indent from where I rest my hand to type on my laptop. I know that I type very poorly. I was also having a lot of aching in that hand and wrist along with occassionally dropping items and stuff. If I rested my elbow on a hard surface, it would send sharp pains up my arm to my fingers. The doctor said that it was tendonitis and put me on ibuprofen for 3 months (which resulted in an ulcer). She also recommended a wrist brace.
    Anyways, over the last several months it has been bothering more and more. The swelling is still present. I have pain in the forearm and now I have a lot of muscle pain in my upper arm as well, like I can feel the pain shoot from the top of my arm to my elbow (or vice versa). I'm getting more and more wrist pain and dull aching that is always present in that arm. I've not really worn the brace because I find it difficult to retrain myself to type the right way. I go through periods of numbness with fingers and even have an ache that comes and goes in the area of my shoulder blade on the left.
    Does this sound like carpal tunnel to any of you who suffer from it? I do work heavily with computers. The thing that always seemed strange to me is that I am right handed and this is happening on the left. Anyways, I appreciate any input you can offer. Thank you!
    anxiouslady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
    anxiouslady
    (female)

anxiouslady HB User
    Re: Carpal Tunnel or Tendonitis?

I also forgot to add that I have a lot of weakness in that arm. For example, the other day I was cupping some change in my hand for the vending machine and while doing so, my arm became very shaky. Only happens when I hold it in certain positions.
    Thank you!
    anxiouslady

Old 02-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
    Taimse
    Veteran
    (female)

Taimse HB User
    Re: Carpal Tunnel or Tendonitis?

I gal on another list said she is using a split keyboard for computer. Said it took a couple of weeks to get used to it, but it does help.

Closed Thread