It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• I think my ulnar nerve compression is coming back and may also be developing CTS?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
    canuck1
    (female)

canuck1 HB User
    Unhappy I think my ulnar nerve compression is coming back and may also be developing CTS?

I had surgery on my left elbow for ulnar nerve compression in April 2006. The surgeon found alot of scar tissue and I believe moved the nerve over. Prior to this surgery I experienced buzzing/pulsating sensations in the palm of my hand below little/ring finger, and some twitching of these fingers. I had a nerve conduction test done etc. After surgery the above symptoms went away. I only experienced some burning sensations around the incision off and on but was told this is typical, could take up to a year to heal.

About two months after surgery I was injured, but not severly, had some pain around elbow, arm area, but no complications.

So in January 2007, I partially dislocated my little finger, left hand. Twice it popped out of joint. About the second time, which was close to the end of January/early February, and after my finger was recovered or close to it, I noticed I started getting the buzzing/pulsating sensations in my hand again. I figured it was temporary, but now for the past two and half weeks, it has stayed. I am also experiencing a burning pain/sensation in the palm of my hand, which I never had before, not even before my prior surgery. I am wondering if I am developing a ulnar nerve compression again plus maybe carpal tunnel? Not sure if burning is typical with ulnar nerve compression or more with carpal tunnel. The surgeon I had retired. My family doctor is sending me for another nerve conduction test, but I can't get in until June 4, 2007. He thinks I may have a double crush syndrome going on.

Burning sensation is in the palm between the middle and ring finger, also little and ring finger burn. Odd time the base of my thumb, thick part burns. Buzzing/pulsating sensations are in the palm between little, ring finger. Sometimes I experience a numbing and pins and needles sensation in both little/ring fingers. Pins and needles also in palm.

I know I am not suppose to lean on my elbow or wrist, but if I do, the buzzing/pulsating seems to increase. Also standing, with my arm hanging down normally, feel the buzzing.

Last edited by canuck1; 02-22-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread