It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• Pain and twinging feeling in wrist

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
    joess
    (male)

joess HB User
    Pain and twinging feeling in wrist

In December of last year, I hit my wrist really hard against a wooden desk. I hit the knobby part on the outer side of the wrist. I went to a doctor who did x-rays and said nothing was broken or fractured. He said that a nerve runs right along the place where I hit my wrist, but that any injury I might have would get better on its own.

I didn't have much of a problem until around July of this year. I noticed a dull pain in my wrist and an odd twinging feeling, as if my fingers were about to move on their own. Also my wrist got sore easily, sometimes with a burning sensation, when doing something like using a computer mouse. I saw another doctor at the same office, who told me my wrist was just sore and that I should wear a splint. That was about three weeks ago. I wore the splint all the time for a little over two weeks, and I've been still wearing it most of the time.

I think the splint might have helped the soreness, but it doesn't seem to have cured the twinging feeling, which may be worse than before. I feel pain specifically at the same part of my wrist, and the twinging feeling in my fingers. Sometimes I can use my hand and wrist normally and feel no pain, but if I turn my wrist or press my hand against something in a certain way, it causes a sharp pain. I don't feel the twinging much when I wear the splint, but when it's off and I use that hand, the feeling comes back. However, I think sometimes the splint intensifies the feeling because it presses against that part of my wrist. Sometimes I have a hard time getting to sleep because I can't find a position for my arm that doesn't cause my wrist to hurt. I don't know if the splint is helping or hurting overall.

I wasn't sure where to post this because I don't have any numbness or loss of use in my hand, which are usually signs of carpal tunnel syndrome. And though my fingers sometimes feel like they're about to move, they don't move on their own, but sometimes they do feel a bit twitchy when I move them. Perhaps that feeling is only a side effect of the pain in my wrist. In any case, something isn't right and I want to know how to feel better.

Last edited by joess; 09-15-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
    maggieloop
    Inactive
    (female)

maggieloop HB User
    Re: Pain and twinging feeling in wrist

Did you ever find out what was causing this pain of yours? I have been dx with bilateral ct and tendonitis, but also have the same symptoms as you on my right hand. My doc is in the process of referring me to an ortho since the xrays came back negative for breaks.

Closed Thread