It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• Yay, Carpal Tunnel Gone Away

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2007, 05:41 AM   #1
    bgan1996
    (male)

bgan1996 HB User
    Yay, Carpal Tunnel Gone Away

I thought I would repost this and hope someone else can benifit:

Thanks to all on this message board. My wife had CTS last year in both hands. She wore those hand guards day and night for several months. We talked about having surgery and finding different work, etc.

Thank goodness though, her CTS has eased with the following:

1) She switched from a desktop to a notebook at work. She writes and clicks with a "pen", which minimizes her typing.

2) She went for Accupuncture 3x per week for a couple of months. He also prescribed some herbs to drink. We have no idea what was in them.

3) She went to a handful of Yoga classes.

This summer (knock on wood), she is able to play tennis, cards and swim. Good luck to you all. Hope this sheds some hope for someone else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
    Johands333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
    Re: Yay, Carpal Tunnel Gone Away

Bgan, Great for her. Maybe she got it worked out before it became a problem. Most of us waited too long and had to have surgery. I agree, get it fixed early with non-surgical methods. For me, driving is the problem area. I couldn't feel the steering wheel as much, so I held on stronger and this continued for 5 years until I had my arms fall asleep while driving, which caused panic attacks. I also had high blood pressure. Everything you do has an effect on cts. I am happy for your wife.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
    KnightInArmor54
    (female)

KnightInArmor54 HB User

I don't have Carpal Tunnel yet but when I started using notebook two years ago I started having pain from typing and I still have them. I'm wearing braces every day to work, me working on the computer all day doesn't help much. I don't have pain when I'm not on the computer but if I wasn't wearing the braces I would. I hope this is not gonna get worse until I wear the braces or else I will have to look for another career...

Old 11-03-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
    melhajj
    (female)

melhajj HB User
    Wink Re: Yay, Carpal Tunnel Gone Away

Hi Everybody, new to this board; i was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome around 6 years ago, doctor prescribed bracelets at night to keep my wrist stretched, i used to use it, but at midnight i used to pull them off unconsciously, i started walking for an hour, raising my arms while walking, open and closing both hands and making circles with both wrists, like if they were fans, i know i look like i soldier because of the swinging of my arms, but i did not care at all; before i forget i want to tell you that the other option was to have surgery if the problem persisted after using the bracelets; my numbness went away for a long time, years, maybe; i found after that a book in the library about carpal tunnel syndrome and some exercises, and they were similar to those i used to make; i did also did not spend too much time in the computer at that time; i want to tell you to all the sufferers of carpal tunnel syndrome to try the exercises that i did mentioned above, since i am survivor of this disease, with no surgery at all; what do these exercises do to the already tighted wrist and therefore pressing the vascular package that involves veins, nerves, arteries? you may ask, well, they stretch the carpal, it is just logical, try it, and you will be pleased with the results.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bgan1996 View Post
    I thought I would repost this and hope someone else can benifit:

Thanks to all on this message board. My wife had CTS last year in both hands. She wore those hand guards day and night for several months. We talked about having surgery and finding different work, etc.

Thank goodness though, her CTS has eased with the following:

1) She switched from a desktop to a notebook at work. She writes and clicks with a "pen", which minimizes her typing.

2) She went for Accupuncture 3x per week for a couple of months. He also prescribed some herbs to drink. We have no idea what was in them.

3) She went to a handful of Yoga classes.

This summer (knock on wood), she is able to play tennis, cards and swim. Good luck to you all. Hope this sheds some hope for someone else.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:05 AM   #5
    Taimse
    Veteran
    (female)

Taimse HB User

Different things work for different people. My brother, a chiropractor, advised Vitamin B ( I can't remember if it as B6 or B12), because he'd read studies where that cured carpal tunnel. I tried that for 6 months with no change.
    I tried accupunture and chinese herbs for approximately 4 months....going 3 times a week initially. No improvement.

There are exercises in some of the websites listed in the archives at this forum for dealing with carpal tunnel. I have a friend that was experiencing moderate to severe carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms. She did exercises several times a day and no longer has symptoms. She's bascially a medical secretary, so does a lot of typing. She had implemented some ergonomic interventions such as keyboard, chair height change, and computer placement .
    And as Jo mentioned, if it had gone on for a period of time, perhaps surgery is best option for relief, though, I think it should be after some of the other methods to alleviate symptoms have been utilized. I tried some of them over a span of years, as I didn't want needle pokes in my armpit to deliver anethesia. Of course, now they have other methods of doing painless surgery.

Closed Thread