It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• dequervain surgery in the morning

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
    momateacher
    (female)

momateacher HB User
    Smile dequervain surgery in the morning

Hi to everyone. I've hurt every day in left wrist since Jan. I went to gp who diagnosed "sprained wrist" in Feb. That didn't make sense. In Apr. went to ortho. He took one look and said it was dequervain's tendonitis and a "bad case". I didn't feel like such a baby when he said "I bet that hurts!"
    He offered to schedule surgery right away, but I needed to finish out the school year with my students. So, I took cortizone shot (he warned me only about a 20% chance of helping since it was so bad). It didn't phase it.
    Tomorrow morning is the long-awaited surgery. I am actually looking forward to it, because I need relief. But, I am a little scared about "twilight sedation".
    I told the doc I get nervous about medical stuff, but he said I wouldn't care what they did. I hope he's right! I am going to do conscious sedation no matter what, but I'm wondering if they can upp the dosage if I'm too aware?

No one I've talked to has ever heard of dequervain's, much less has experience with it. I would appreciate any info, since no one around here can help.

I need to expect complete pampering for a day or 2, right? I mean NO cooking, laundry......let's see....cleaning...Just lots of movies and chocolate, back rubs, etc..????? <yeah right!>

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
    rattlesnakebob
    (male)

rattlesnakebob HB User
    Re: dequervain surgery in the morning

I to have dequervines in both wrists plus carpel tunnel and tendonitus in my elbows,so i do know a bit about it,they say that any operation is a last resort,i hope yours goes well,dont over do anything afterwards thats for sure you will need to rest them,good luck.
    Bobm

Old 03-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
    Diego
    (male)

Diego HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by momateacher View Post
    Hi to everyone. I've hurt every day in left wrist since Jan. I went to gp who diagnosed "sprained wrist" in Feb. That didn't make sense. In Apr. went to ortho. He took one look and said it was dequervain's tendonitis and a "bad case". I didn't feel like such a baby when he said "I bet that hurts!"
    He offered to schedule surgery right away, but I needed to finish out the school year with my students. So, I took cortizone shot (he warned me only about a 20% chance of helping since it was so bad). It didn't phase it.
    Tomorrow morning is the long-awaited surgery. I am actually looking forward to it, because I need relief. But, I am a little scared about "twilight sedation".
    I told the doc I get nervous about medical stuff, but he said I wouldn't care what they did. I hope he's right! I am going to do conscious sedation no matter what, but I'm wondering if they can upp the dosage if I'm too aware?

No one I've talked to has ever heard of dequervain's, much less has experience with it. I would appreciate any info, since no one around here can help.

I need to expect complete pampering for a day or 2, right? I mean NO cooking, laundry......let's see....cleaning...Just lots of movies and chocolate, back rubs, etc..????? <yeah right!>

Thanks.

Hi

How did your surgery go? I too have it. I've had two cortisone shots and no relief. I've seen four hand surgeons.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
    Diego
    (male)

Diego HB User

Hi, I too have dequervain's. I am weeks away from surgery, as I have tried splints and cortisone shots. Did you go through the surgery? If so, how is it now?

Thanks,

Diego

Closed Thread