It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• Ultrasound therapy for carpal & cubital tunnel sx?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
    clooneyfan
    (female)

clooneyfan HB User
    Ultrasound therapy for carpal & cubital tunnel sx?

I've already had laproscopic surgery on both wrists and elbows for carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome. Relief only lasted a few months and now it is back. I attribute most of this due to me working on a computer 8 hours a day, not to mention coming home and going online.

My doctor says when the pain gets bad enough, I can get an ulnar nerve transposition and an open release of my carpal tunnel. I really, really don't want to have more surgeries.

I was exploring the possibility of purchasing a portable ultrasound machine and giving myself treatments but I don't know how effective it would be or what the long term effects are?

Has anyone already tried ultrasound? Is it worth it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2009, 04:53 AM   #2
    Johands333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
    Re: Ultrasound therapy for carpal & cubital tunnel sx?

I have one that I got at an online auction site. It does help a little. I could feel it's effects more before I had this second surgery on my right hand. When I travelled and then came home and used it I could tell how much it made my hand feel good. I like to use my hot wax machine and then put my hands in an electric heating pad. That helps the most. When I do travel, I wet a washcloth and microwave it. Then I have to wait until the cloth is cooled down a little. I wrap my hands in it and it makes them feel good.

Closed Thread