It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• CP Surgery on Both Hands next week

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
    tamumom
    (female)

tamumom HB User
    Thumbs up CP Surgery on Both Hands next week

I'm having carpal tunnel surgery done on both hands next week (Dec. 7). Can anyone help me with recovery time? I've talked to the Surgeon and he says that I can still bathe myself, go to the bathroom and feed myself and I will have weight restrictions on what I can lift, but says that I should be back to "normal" activity in 1 week (with weight restrictions of course). Is that true? What have ya'll experienced in recovery? My husband will be home with me the day of the surgery but after that he has to go back to work. Just trying to look ahead and see what I'm getting myself into! I have to have the surgery because I suffer pain in both hands, wrists, arms and sometimes my right arm is totally numb and tingly so surgery is the only option for me right now. I have had the nerve conduction test done and I have nerve damage in both hands.

I type alot and am at the computer alot so I'm wondering how long it will be before I can get back to that. Will my hands be bandaged? Thanks for any advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
    Doodlebugg
    (female)

Doodlebugg HB User
    Re: CP Surgery on Both Hands next week

Bless your heart. I can't imagine having both hands done. How are you doing?

Closed Thread