It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• Carpal tunnel at an early age

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
    Brandy93nichole
    (female)

Brandy93nichole HB User
    Carpal tunnel at an early age

Hi. I have a few questions about carpal tunnel and what I should do about it. I was diagnosed by the ship's physical therapist about a month ago with carpal tunnel in both of my wrists. My left was worse than my right so she gave me anti inflammatories and a splint to wear 24/7 until my next appointment. Well I love my job and I know it was wrong but I lied about how I was feeling much better because I was put in a status where I couldn't do my job and I think I did more damage as typing this right now my hands are numb and I get a sharp pain in my right wrist(the one that I'm typing with). My question to all of you is if you have any suggestions as to how I can get this fixed without effecting my job? I don't really understand how I got this since I was told that only older people develope things like this. So can you guys help me out with the why? How? And what to do? Based on your experiences. Thank you in advance for any information or advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
    PAYNE
    (female)

PAYNE HB User
    Re: Carpal tunnel at an early age

Hey! Welcome! You don't say how old you are, but I think a lot of typing could lead to carpal tunnel even at a younger age. I started doing a great deal of typing in my fifities and eneded up having carpal tunnel surgery, which has worked out wonderfully. Back to typing with no problems!

Of course, there is recovery time. I didn't end up having to have PT.

Surely your company could find out something else to do with one hand while you recover, couldn't they?

Old 10-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
    painter54
    (male)

painter54 HB User
    Re: Carpal tunnel at an early age

I had CTS surgery in my 20's worked in meat packing plants now i'm in the 50's hurts alot never took any meds worked as a painter most of the last 15 years now having difficulties again i was told that i could not do the same type work ever again meat packing but they will test you after surgery. good luck

Closed Thread

Tags
    carpal tunnel syndrome