It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• Carpal and cubital tunnel post op

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
    melissa163
    (female)

melissa163 HB User
    Carpal and cubital tunnel post op

Hi I am a 20 year old female who was in a terrible car accident 5 months ago. From the accident I suffered both carpal and cubital tunnel on my left arm. I had the surgery a week ago from today. It wasn't endoscopic.

The pain has gone away but I'm wondering if it's normal to feel a lot of tingling both on my fingers and down my forearm. I had the surgery bc I would be in a lot of pain but I feel more tingly now. Someone told me this is normal. Is it really? How long until I fully recover?

I also have sensitive areas around my elbow that if you touch I get like a shock impulse..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
    Joamer
    (female)

Joamer HB User
    Wink Re: Carpal and cubital tunnel post op

Hi,

I am no doctor and believe this type of question is best addressed to the neuro-surgeon who performed the surgery. Call the office and leave a message for him telling him all these details - either the doctor himself or someone else will call you back with an answer.

That being said, I had issues with my cubital nerve and I had the sensation you describe in my elbow. With time, the sensation went away. I believe it was a couple of months.

Nerves get sensitive after surgery after being handled/traumatized. They take some time to re-adjust and calm down and it some cases regenerate. Trust me, They take their sweet time to heal.

Also, please take the time to write down all the questions to ask your surgeon on your first visit after surgery. What you can expect in terms of feel, what you can and cannot do, when can you get back to exercise, anything you can do to get better faster, etc etc. Prepare the visit.

Good luck to you

Closed Thread

Tags
    carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, post -op, surgery