It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

• Ulnar Nerve Decompression failure?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
    erika80
    (female)

erika80 HB User
    Ulnar Nerve Decompression failure?

Hi,
    I was diagnosed with ulnar nerve entrapment/swelling at the elbow which was causing my pinky and ring finger to go numb back in March of 2014. Had the nerve conduction study done and my doctor suggested I try the decompression surgery (cutting tendons around nerve and cut some muscle) to allow the nerve more room to move around my elbow. I went ahead and had the surgery at the end of April and took 6 full weeks off from work since my job requires me to use my arms lifting, scooping and working on a computer and doctor wanted the nerve to heal. At my 6 week check up things were great and I was released to work for two weeks of light duty and then no restrictions. I am 90 days out from surgery and I am having issues with my elbow/nerve again. The numbness has not returned but my elbow has shooting pains and is generally achy on occasions, just typing this is causing me discomfort. These issues are getting worse and doctor did say to give it 3 months and if I had issues, come back in and he could do the surgery where the nerve is moved. I am going to give it one more month and then if problems persist go back in to see doctor. Has this happened to anyone else? I am not looking forward to having a second surgery but if it needs to be done I would like to do it before the end of the year because my out of pocket max has been met for the year for my insurance. I am torn because I don't want to miss more work but I cannot let this get to the point where there is permanent damage. Suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    decompression, ulnar nerve, ulnar nerve surgery