It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board

Newly Diagnosed

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-29-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
BellewJay
(female)

BellewJay HB User
Newly Diagnosed

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease around 4 months ago. When I first got off gluten I felt a thousands times better almost immediately. I gained back the weight I lost, and began to have more energy back.
Here recently I have been getting sick again. I am still far better than I was, but about once a week I am getting sick even though I am very strictly following my diet. I am having extreme fatigue still and sometimes struggle to even wake up. Is it normal to still be feeling unwell?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Newly Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellewJay View Post
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease around 4 months ago. When I first got off gluten I felt a thousands times better almost immediately. I gained back the weight I lost, and began to have more energy back.
Here recently I have been getting sick again. I am still far better than I was, but about once a week I am getting sick even though I am very strictly following my diet. I am having extreme fatigue still and sometimes struggle to even wake up. Is it normal to still be feeling unwell?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi, welcome to the boards

It sounds similar to what I went through. Are you keeping a food journal? I discovered not long after going gluten free that I also lost the ability to eat soy. It is common for people to lose other foods after getting diagnosed. Sometimes you get them back eventually when your body starts to heal.

So I discovered that soy also made me sick and it is also in so many things. Things you wouldn't expect, like tuna and mayonnaise. I was so sensitive, that I couldn't even have soy lecithin, which is the soy protein and also in everything. I did get the soy lecithin back -- but have been afraid to try soy so I just avoid it.

If you are not keeping a food journal, I highly recommend it because you may discover something triggering your bouts of illness.

Reply Reply

Tags
celiac disease, fatigue, sickness