It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board

is it celiac or not

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
jones342
(female)

jones342 HB User
is it celiac or not

Hi, last may I started to become ill. I became nauseated almost all the time and began having horrible lower abdomen pain. I began losing weight and no one could figure it out. I was tested for H pylori as well. I had a HIDA scan done in august and they said my gallbladder wasn't functioning so i had it removed but continued to be ill and getting worse. I ended up losing about 30 pounds by december. I had a endoscopy and colonoscopy done and the GI found scalloping of my small intestine as well as inflammation down to my colon. He suspected celiac so i quit eating gluten. The blood test and biopsy were both inconclusive. I began to feel somewhat better so we decided it must be celiac. well, i began feeling worse about a month ago. I'm almost always nauseated as soon as I wake up. I use the restroom 3-5 times a day and have either loose stool or diarrhea. I have cramping in my lower abdomen as well and a lot of grumbling. I decided to try eating gluten yesterday and today and have yet to have a reaction. Is there a chance that gluten is still the problem or could something else cause scalloping of the small intestine? My mom has decided i'm crazy and making myself sick but could that really cause scalloping and inflammation? I have become very anxious and depressed through all of this. I'm very confused now that I have eaten gluten with no reaction. I also have had episodes of this pain and sickness and weight loss over the last four years but it would seem to get better on its own. My twin sister also has multiple sclerosis if that matters. Thanks so much for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: is it celiac or not

Hi Jones,

Welcome to the boards.

I'm so sorry that you are ill. I'm certain you are not making yourself sick and it's not all in your head, so let that go.

I wish I had answers for you, but I don't. I think your doctor needs to keep testing and figure it out. Or perhaps you should see another doctor and get a second opinion.

Someone will figure it out, but you will have to keep pushing and fighting for yourself -- and I know how hard that is when you don't feel good.

Don't give up and don't listen to anyone who says it's all in your head.

Soe

Reply Reply