It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board

gluten symptoms?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #1
Tmont
(female)

Tmont HB User
gluten symptoms?

Does this sound like gluten problem to anyone? I have had a funny feeling in my abdomen since july 2015. It is kind of a pain under my ribs like something is inflamed and the ribs are hitting whatever it is and kind of hurting Its not a sharp pain. I also feel very bloated in my lower abdomen and have burping and flatulence. I thought for awhile that maybe something was wrong with one of my organs, but the dr hasn't found anything. I am going to omit gluten and see if the symptoms get better bc the last few days I can tell they are worse when i eat gluten. the only thing that my dr has found was my iron level was high. Oh and one more symptom.... I have been constipated. Does this sound familiar? Thank you for your help in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: gluten symptoms?

These could all be symptoms. Everyone gets different symptoms and there are many many many different ones.

You should consider getting the blood tests for Celiac before you try going gluten free. You need to be eating gluten up until the test. Ask your doctor about it.

Hopefully others will join the conversation.

Take care.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #3
Tmont
(female)

Tmont HB User

oh, okay. I don't have any loose bowels, so I didnt think I had celiac disease. I was just hoping I found the reason for all this discomfort and gas! Thank you so very much for your reply! I really appreciate it!

The following user gives a hug of support to Tmont:
SOE (05-10-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
ninasmom
(female)

ninasmom HB User

HI there,

My daughter had this unbearable pain under her ribs (stabbing pains as she calls it) and she would go to the bathroom but have loose stools, headaches and bloatedness. We did blood work on her and she tested positive for Celiac so the doctor wanted her to see the pediatric Gastroenterologist.. The doctor told her to eat gluten up until her endoscopy. The test showed she did in fact had Celiac.

I would not do anything until you see a Gastro doctor.. My daughter was diagnosed at 11 and is now 15. It's hard but she's gotten used to it.

I wish you well.

The Following User Says Thank You to ninasmom For This Useful Post:
SOE (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #5
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasmom View Post
HI there,

My daughter had this unbearable pain under her ribs (stabbing pains as she calls it) and she would go to the bathroom but have loose stools, headaches and bloatedness. We did blood work on her and she tested positive for Celiac so the doctor wanted her to see the pediatric Gastroenterologist.. The doctor told her to eat gluten up until her endoscopy. The test showed she did in fact had Celiac.

I would not do anything until you see a Gastro doctor.. My daughter was diagnosed at 11 and is now 15. It's hard but she's gotten used to it.

I wish you well.
Thanks Nina's mom! Welcome to the boards!

Reply Reply

Tags
abdominal pressure, burping, flatulence, gas bloating