It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board

CD for 23 years then Malabsorption?? Insomnia, Anyone else?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
kpkitty
(female)

kpkitty HB User
CD for 23 years then Malabsorption?? Insomnia, Anyone else?

I can't seem to find anyone in the same boat and I feel so alone. Been celiac for 23 years. I got really ill in March, with brain fog, depression, smells bothered me, couldnt eat much, then by May Insomnia. I had been to 3 doctors - $$ none new what I had what was wrong. I had some blood work done in Aug and was deficient in many things, oils, proteins, fats. I also figured it out by trial and error that I was deficient in b-12 and d3. My depression got better, and I also figure out that I have malabsorption...which is why I have insomnia and why I've been loosing weight. I take some liquid suppliments and even leaky gut help, my brain fog is better, but why do I have malabsorption?. Ive been on strickt healthy gf diet for 23 years. We don't have insurance or I would have gone to GI by now, but plan to get health share ministry or obamacare (but doubt we can afford it as I hear the prices are going way up) . I just cant seem to find any info online for those of us who have been gf celiac for a long time (23 years) and then get malabsorption? Anyone? Puzzled. need experienced Celiacs etc. to reply thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to kpkitty:
SOE (11-03-2016)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2016, 08:07 PM   #2
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: CD for 23 years then Malabsorption?? Insomnia, Anyone else?

Welcome to the boards, kpkitty.

I wish I had an answer for you, but I just don't know. Hopefully someone else will chime in. The boards can be a little slow at times so be patient.

I hope that you find a way to see a doctor and perhaps get some good testing to figure this out.

SOE

Reply Reply