It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board

Do I have It, Will I have It, Or Just False Alarm? Please Help!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #1
casuallythere
(male)

casuallythere HB User
Do I have It, Will I have It, Or Just False Alarm? Please Help!

Hello Everyone!

I’m back and I’m still here. However, I have some questions.

My Doctor said I was on the borderline now. So I pressed him harder and asked him what did he mean and he said since I am on the max level of 20 on my Gliadin Peptide Ab, IgA that I should go Gluten Free now. As all of you know this is a big life changing thing. No more bread, pizza, sub way sandwiches, pasty, Italian food, etc. etc. The list goes on forever. I know I can make adjustments and I am prepared to, however I want to make sure I am reading all this correctly.

I am just still unsure if I will have celiac or have it now just the precursor, or do I just have an insensitivity to gluten. Keep it light but I can manage it.

I am little confused.

Do I go gluten free because I will get Celiac Disease if I don’t?

Questions…

1-Do I have Celiac Disease or not?
2-If I don’t, does it looking like I am getting it?
3-What should I do?
4-Can you be in between it? Meaning can I be sensitive to gluten but yet eat it a little bit in moderation?
5-If I went 1 year off gluten, repaired my blood work numbers, and had little bits of bread here and there with gluten would I be okay?
6-My dad had celiac or thinks that he does, he never officially did the biopsy, however, he had lying on the floor pain with serious anguish. Now that he is gluten free he never has that pain again. I have never experienced anything close to this. Will I?
7-Am I missing anything else from these results, does high iga or Ab, iga mean anything else with no other symptoms?

Note:

I have ibs out bursts, low intestine problems for sure off and on. Headaches sometimes. I am thinking that if I go off gluten anyway I am probably going to feel 1000 percent better. So I am thinking about trying it anyway, however its not the end of the world and I could keep eating loads of gluten, if everything stayed the same. However, if this blood work looks like I am heading for a on the floor screaming in pain session later in life, I mine as well take care of it now.

All my other full comp labs came back normal besides my slightly high bad cholesterol.

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I AM SO CONFUSED. ANYTHING YOU CAN DO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. PLEASE SEE ALL MY RESULTS BELOW RELATING TO CELIAC.

History of results:

HDL Cholesterol = 32 L

Should be >39

IgA = 682 H / Should be 68 - 379

Endo = Negative

tTg Ab, IgA = 8.3 / Should be <20

Gliadin Peptide Ab, IgG = 9.2 / should be <20

Gliadin Peptide Ab, IgA = 10.0 / should be <20

tTG Ab, IgG = 6.5 / Should be <20

IgA = 608 / Should be 68 - 379

Endo = Negative

tTg Ab, IgA = 11.9 / Should be <20

Gliadin Peptide Ab, IgG = 9.7 / should be <20

Gliadin Peptide Ab, IgA = 12.1 / should be <20

tTG Ab, IgG = 10.1 / Should be <20

2014 – Different Test

CCP Antibodies IgG/IgA = 12 / should be 0 – 19

2014 – Different Test

Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum = 710 / should be 91 – 414

2014 – Different Test

Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum = 721 / should be 91 – 414

Immunoglobulin M, Qn, Serum = 271 / should be 40 - 230

2014 – Different Test [Later in the year]

Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum = 753 / should be 91 – 441

Immunoglobulin M, Qn, Serum = 270 / should be 40 – 230

Immunoglobulin A = 690 / should be 68 – 379

Endomysial Screen = Negative

tTG Ab, IgA = 2 / should be <4

Gliadin Peptide Ab, IgG = 2 / should be <20

Gliadin Peptide Ab, IgA = 20 / should be <20

tTG Ab, IgG = 1 / should be <6

Cholesterol = 123 / should be 125 – 200

HDL Cholesterol = 29 / should be >40

Last edited by Administrator; 01-06-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2017, 10:27 PM   #2
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Do I have It, Will I have It, Or Just False Alarm? Please Help!

Hi, welcome to the boards.

I don't know how many answers I can give you, but I'll tell you what I know.

Some people who are Celiac, or Gluten Intolerant (and they really don't know yet if there is a difference between the two), never have outside symptoms, yet their intestines are being damaged.

You sound as though you do have many symptoms. The fact that you are not on the floor in pain, doesn't mean this isn't going to be a problem for you.

It's my understanding that the longer you are gluten free, the more sensitive you become to it -- therefore, cheating once in awhile is just going to make you feel worse. The other thing is I have read that it can take 6 months for gluten to completely leave your system. So why cheat and keep restarting the clock, when you could be healing instead?

I don't really know much about the blood tests, but I would suggest you take everything to another doctor and get a second opinion. I just don't know enough to know whether they can tell if you are "going to get Celiac".

A second opinion might answer some of these questions for you.

I'd also love to know what others think.

Best of luck to you. I hope you don't have to go gluten free, but if you do, you get used to it and adjust. It's better than the alternative.

SOE

Old 01-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
casuallythere
(male)

casuallythere HB User

SOE

I really, really appreciate your help. Thank you.

I think you make a very good point. I believe what you are saying is that:

1. I should probably call my Doctor back and get refereed to the GI Doctor in the same office
2. Talke to the GI Doctor about my IgA at 680 and my Peptide IgA at 20
3. Ask him to do a Celiac Biopsy while there is loads of Gluten in my system before I get off
4. Find out for 100% sure if I have celiac or not, and proceed from there.

Do this sound about right?

My only question would be at that point which to I believe the GI wouldn't even know the answer is. That if my Celiac Blood Panels are borderline, and my Biopsy comes back NEGATIVE, and since my father probably 99% sure has Celiac, wouldn't I still want to go gluten free to avoid of possibly getting celiac in the future because it runs in my family?

I guess the other thing I could do after I get the biopsy is get the Genetic Test Done and see if their is even a possibility of me getting it if my biopsy comes up NEGATIVE, and if it does I should probably eliminate gluten.

Am I missing anything, or does this look like the path I should take?

Last edited by Administrator; 01-07-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #4
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

"My only question would be at that point which to I believe the GI wouldn't even know the answer is. That if my Celiac Blood Panels are borderline, and my Biopsy comes back NEGATIVE, and since my father probably 99% sure has Celiac, wouldn't I still want to go gluten free to avoid of possibly getting celiac in the future because it runs in my family?"

I think this is probably wise -- see your doctor, get the tests before going gluten free. And if you can afford the genetic tests, I would definitely do that.

I think this is all good thinking on your part. Let me know what you do.

SOE

Old 01-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #5
casuallythere
(male)

casuallythere HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE View Post
"My only question would be at that point which to I believe the GI wouldn't even know the answer is. That if my Celiac Blood Panels are borderline, and my Biopsy comes back NEGATIVE, and since my father probably 99% sure has Celiac, wouldn't I still want to go gluten free to avoid of possibly getting celiac in the future because it runs in my family?"

I think this is probably wise -- see your doctor, get the tests before going gluten free. And if you can afford the genetic tests, I would definitely do that.

SOE
Good Update! Need Your Advice!

Okay everyone, I just got back my results for my both my Genetic Celiac and Immunofixation, Serum TESTS.

Immunofixation, Serum:

No monoclonal protein identified.

HLA Typing for Celiac Disease:

The patient has one of the HLA-DQ variants associated with celiac disease. More than 97% of celiac disease patients carry either HLA-DQ2 (DQA1*05/DQB1*02) or HLA-DQ8 (DQA1*03/DQB1*0302) or both. However, 39% of the general U.S. population carry these HLA-DQ variants, as a consequence, the presence of HLA-DQ2 or DQ8 or both variants is not per se diagnostic of cecliac disease. Genetic counseling as needed.

HLA-DQ2 Ė Negative
HLA-DQ8 Ė Positive
HLA-DQA1* Ė 01
HLA-DQA1* Ė 03
HLA-DQB1* Ė 0302
HLA-DQB1* Ė 0503

Both My Doctorís Recommendations:

Doctor 01 Ė Internal Medicine

Says that my Peptide IgA = 20 means that I have a gluten sensitivity and that I should go on a gluten free diet. Also said my IgA = 680 is of no significance because it has stabilized and actually lowered from 710 to 680.

Doctor 02 Ė GI Doctor

Says my Genetic Test doesnít mean anything and that the only way to find out for sure is to stay on gluten and perform a Biopsy. I almost feel like he is trying to sell me a Biopsy but I could be wrong.

Questions:

1-Not sure what the results mean, can I get Celiac or Not? Is it in my genes, I guess it is, Iím one of those 39%. Maybe if I was one of the 71%, I guess I would have nothing to worry about.
2-Do I go off gluten or do I stay on it?
3-My Father never got the Biopsy done because he did not want to risk a procedure, he was very confident that when he got off gluten that he felt better overnight. Should I just go down the same path as him? I mean if I do have the small possibility to get it, why even risk it. Just go gluten free, right?

Help!

Please help me to interpret these results and give me guidance on what to do. Thank you.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:24 PM   #6
casuallythere
(male)

casuallythere HB User

Quote:

SOE
P.S. I forgot to mention that I have been gluten free 2-3 weeks now just trying it out and I feel absolutely amazing. I mean itís like night and day. I use to feel sluggish, sometimes rarely I would get a slight pain right before going to the bathroom in my lower intestine, I would have diary sometimes, IBS problems, whatever, nothing seriously hardcore, never serious main or major pain, just a lot of discomfort, I mean sometime I would be fine and sometimes not. As of right now I have had zero issues with my gut, bloating, gas, pain, discomfort, I mean itís like Iím a new person. So I guess I diagnosed myself. I mean I could do a Biopsy and stay on gluten like one of my Doctors say, but whatís the point? I have it possibly in my genes and I feel amazing. Just probably need to go Gluten Free!

Let me know what you think!

Old 01-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #7
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

I can't help you interpret test results -- I just don't have the technical knowledge.

It is my understanding that if you carry the gene, the disease can be triggered at any time. I was told that Celiac was triggered in my system after I got mono. That being said, Gluten Intolerance and Celiac appear to be the same thing. They are still learning, but I don't see a difference in the things I've read.

If it were me, I would not base the decision on a biopsy. My GI insisted on a biopsy even though the disease was really too new to me to have done any damage yet. Also, if you do some research, you'll see that the biopsy is really hit or miss. They go in and take samples from the intestinal lining. The thing is, they can't go very deep, and they could take a clean sample that's right next to a damaged sample that they missed. Unless you've been sick for many years, I don't see how likely the procedure would give you a positive result. I know many people that chose to skip it -- especially those that carry the gene -- or already have many symptoms. All that to say I don't think the biopsy is necessary for you to make a decision. I certainly wouldn't let the doctor talk you into it if it's not your desire.

Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casuallythere View Post
Good Update! Need Your Advice!

Okay everyone, I just got back my results for my both my Genetic Celiac and Immunofixation, Serum TESTS.

Immunofixation, Serum:

No monoclonal protein identified.

HLA Typing for Celiac Disease:

The patient has one of the HLA-DQ variants associated with celiac disease. More than 97% of celiac disease patients carry either HLA-DQ2 (DQA1*05/DQB1*02) or HLA-DQ8 (DQA1*03/DQB1*0302) or both. However, 39% of the general U.S. population carry these HLA-DQ variants, as a consequence, the presence of HLA-DQ2 or DQ8 or both variants is not per se diagnostic of cecliac disease. Genetic counseling as needed.

HLA-DQ2 Ė Negative
HLA-DQ8 Ė Positive
HLA-DQA1* Ė 01
HLA-DQA1* Ė 03
HLA-DQB1* Ė 0302
HLA-DQB1* Ė 0503

Both My Doctorís Recommendations:

Doctor 01 Ė Internal Medicine

Says that my Peptide IgA = 20 means that I have a gluten sensitivity and that I should go on a gluten free diet. Also said my IgA = 680 is of no significance because it has stabilized and actually lowered from 710 to 680.

Doctor 02 Ė GI Doctor

Says my Genetic Test doesnít mean anything and that the only way to find out for sure is to stay on gluten and perform a Biopsy. I almost feel like he is trying to sell me a Biopsy but I could be wrong.

Questions:

1-Not sure what the results mean, can I get Celiac or Not? Is it in my genes, I guess it is, Iím one of those 39%. Maybe if I was one of the 71%, I guess I would have nothing to worry about.
2-Do I go off gluten or do I stay on it?
3-My Father never got the Biopsy done because he did not want to risk a procedure, he was very confident that when he got off gluten that he felt better overnight. Should I just go down the same path as him? I mean if I do have the small possibility to get it, why even risk it. Just go gluten free, right?

Help!

Please help me to interpret these results and give me guidance on what to do. Thank you.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:34 PM   #8
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

I think you are right. If you feel better, just continue going gluten free. You don't need a biopsy to tell you what your body is already telling you!

Quote:
P.S. I forgot to mention that I have been gluten free 2-3 weeks now just trying it out and I feel absolutely amazing. I mean itís like night and day. I use to feel sluggish, sometimes rarely I would get a slight pain right before going to the bathroom in my lower intestine, I would have diary sometimes, IBS problems, whatever, nothing seriously hardcore, never serious main or major pain, just a lot of discomfort, I mean sometime I would be fine and sometimes not. As of right now I have had zero issues with my gut, bloating, gas, pain, discomfort, I mean itís like Iím a new person. So I guess I diagnosed myself. I mean I could do a Biopsy and stay on gluten like one of my Doctors say, but whatís the point? I have it possibly in my genes and I feel amazing. Just probably need to go Gluten Free!

Let me know what you think!

Old 01-20-2017, 04:28 AM   #9
casuallythere
(male)

casuallythere HB User

Quote:
I think you are right. If you feel better, just continue going gluten free. You don't need a biopsy to tell you what your body is already telling you!
Last main point! Question/Theory?

So here is why I started this whole Journey. I wanted to know if I could get Celiac or have Celiac. The reason being is because my wife is pregnant and we are going to be have 2-3 kids. I wanted to know if I am going to have to be that Dad that is like I canít have that piece of pizza because it has gluten in it. Or have they ask why Daddy are you not eating a piece of pizza. I know that this is a lame example but I mean just wanted to be sure that I had to go this direction.

Thatís not my main question.

My Theory is that Gluten intolerance is like smoking, or drinking. Yes both can ultimately kill you and make sure very sick but if you just smoke a little and drink a little you probably are not going to die. Yes we can debate this a million ways to Sunday but I know if for example you are just a social drinker you should be fine.

This is like Gluten. I think I can go gluten free for a year and let my inner lining heal 100%. Then re-introduce gluten into my system on extremely small amounts like breaded fish, or the occasional hamburger, but never binge on it with rolls, pizza, subway sandwiches, and tons and tons of pasta like I have been doing just recently.

The only strange thing here is that I have read peoples post online to where Celiac is extremely embarrassing and hard. To where some people canít have a single trace of gluten in their diet ever. They have to even ask if they use the same kitchen tools for their non-gluten cooking because they are worried that they might have a trace of gluten on it. Maybe some people react differently or have the pain like my dad and have to avoid, I donít know. I do know that even my dad has a little gluten every now and then and he is fine.

So my main question is. I know that gluten can damage your system without you even knowing it, or sign of any systems. But how bad is it? I have asked my Doctor about this and he said that it is impossible to be completely pure. That you just go on a gluten diet and eat it at least as possible. THAT CAME FROM MY DOCTOR.

So is my theory right? Can you go gluten free and just have a little once in a blue moon, or will you die? Could you develop cancer secretly in your gut because you had a piece of pizza or a subway sandwich a few times a year? Without even knowing it?

Or can you heal for like a year, get your system strong again, and just cheat or have a piece of gluten once in a blue moon, because my dad is doing that right now. Or is he going to die?

I am not taking about the symptoms here. I mean at least we know what it is. I mean if it is gluten, and you have a strong system, if you eat it will you just have to deal with the aggravation of the symptoms if you eat it? Seems to me this is the correct answer.

I mean I believe some people are going to say you canít have a spec of gluten but I think they are wrong. I think you can have a spec every now and then just like you can have a drink of alcohol every now and then. You might have a hangover later, or might have IBS, but you will not die.

I think yes, if you leave your gluten unchecked and eat bread all the time and just live in discomfort with possible pain and ignore everything, yes you could develop something much worse. But I would never do this. I am a very detailed person and will go gluten free base on my results. Simply having the possibility of developing Celiac is enough for me, but cheating every now and then I do not think is out of the question.

Let me know what all of you think. I really appreciate all of your help!

Old 01-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #10
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

I am one of those people that cannot have a speck of gluten. That one speck -- or any kind of cross-contamination will make me sick for days. I can't even have it in medication which is a real pain and a half. I have to be vigilant about checking manufacturers and whether a drug is gluten free. They are not labeled like food is. Restaurant eating can be done, but it really isn't fun anymore because I'm always afraid they will make a mistake. That happened to me once and that was probably the sickest I've ever been. There are lots of restaurants I can eat at and enjoy because I know they are safe -- but the first time at any restaurant is really not enjoyable.

I only know of one person who can eat gluten again -- BUT he was not Celiac and was never even told he was gluten intolerant -- so apples to oranges.

Don't compare gluten intolerance to Celiac. If you do your research, you will see that they are beginning to think it could act the same way -- or in some places believe intolerance is worse for you. Either way, if you can't tolerate gluten, it's because your immune system doesn't recognize it and starts attacking itself, which causes damage.

Your doctor has already told you by blood test that you are gluten intolerant at the very least -- if not already Celiac. As I mentioned before, you can "get" celiac at any time. I got it as an adult as it was triggered by a virus. I know several other people who found out as adults that they have it.

It's not embarrassing. It's like having a severe food allergy. It's as big of a deal as you make it.

My 10 year old niece found out 2 years ago that she is gluten and dairy intolerant. She is the bravest most mature girl I know. She doesn't get to grow up eating whatever she wants. She has to eat different food than all her friends. Imagine how hard that must be for a kid. I'm thankful I got to grow up without dealing with that. And when I feel like whining about it, I think of her.

There are so many worse things you can have. Let's look at the big picture. It's just food. Is food really the be all and end all of life? I don't think so.

I think you need to do a lot more research on your own and read the pros and cons of going gluten free when you don't have a definitive celiac diagnosis (and which that biopsy may not provide anyway). And read up on what happens to your system when you go gluten free. I've looked it up when I thought about cheating. Once you are gluten free, when you have gluten, the effects are going to be 100 times worse than they were before. So if you give it up all together, cheating is not going to be fun. That's why they tell people not to go gluten free just as a fad. It makes your system unable to tolerate it like it did before.

Also, it can take 3 to 6 months for your body to clear of gluten, so if you cheat, think about that additional 3 to 6 months to get back to where you were before. Is it worth it?

Lastly, there are people with Celiac disease who never get symtoms. They found out through blood tests and biopsies but without that would never know that they were damaging their intestines and all that comes with it. There are hundreds of different symptoms -- so it's a hard disease to nail down and compare with other people. Everyone is different.

It seems to me that you have a lot more to think about and research before you make your decision. If you are only going to go halfway and eat gluten free when it's convenient, and cheat when you feel like it (and then your body has another 3 to 6 months to recover from that) -- there really is no point to going gluten free at all.

All of this is my opinion based on my personal experiences and research. You have all good questions, and I think you should do the research and see what you come up with and see what you are comfortable living with.

I'd love to know how you are doing and what you decide.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-20-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:33 AM   #11
casuallythere
(male)

casuallythere HB User

Quote:
I am one of those people that cannot have a speck of gluten. That one speck -- or any kind of cross-contamination will make me sick for days. I can't even have it in medication which is a real pain and a half. I have to be vigilant about checking manufacturers and whether a drug is gluten free. They are not labeled like food is. Restaurant eating can be done, but it really isn't fun anymore because I'm always afraid they will make a mistake. That happened to me once and that was probably the sickest I've ever been. There are lots of restaurants I can eat at and enjoy because I know they are safe -- but the first time at any restaurant is really not enjoyable.

I only know of one person who can eat gluten again -- BUT he was not Celiac and was never even told he was gluten intolerant -- so apples to oranges.

Don't compare gluten intolerance to Celiac. If you do your research, you will see that they are beginning to think it could act the same way -- or in some places believe intolerance is worse for you. Either way, if you can't tolerate gluten, it's because your immune system doesn't recognize it and starts attacking itself, which causes damage.

Your doctor has already told you by blood test that you are gluten intolerant at the very least -- if not already Celiac. As I mentioned before, you can "get" celiac at any time. I got it as an adult as it was triggered by a virus. I know several other people who found out as adults that they have it.

It's not embarrassing. It's like having a severe food allergy. It's as big of a deal as you make it.

My 10 year old niece found out 2 years ago that she is gluten and dairy intolerant. She is the bravest most mature girl I know. She doesn't get to grow up eating whatever she wants. She has to eat different food than all her friends. Imagine how hard that must be for a kid. I'm thankful I got to grow up without dealing with that. And when I feel like whining about it, I think of her.

There are so many worse things you can have. Let's look at the big picture. It's just food. Is food really the be all and end all of life? I don't think so.

I think you need to do a lot more research on your own and read the pros and cons of going gluten free when you don't have a definitive celiac diagnosis (and which that biopsy may not provide anyway). And read up on what happens to your system when you go gluten free. I've looked it up when I thought about cheating. Once you are gluten free, when you have gluten, the effects are going to be 100 times worse than they were before. So if you give it up all together, cheating is not going to be fun. That's why they tell people not to go gluten free just as a fad. It makes your system unable to tolerate it like it did before.

Also, it can take 3 to 6 months for your body to clear of gluten, so if you cheat, think about that additional 3 to 6 months to get back to where you were before. Is it worth it?

Lastly, there are people with Celiac disease who never get symtoms. They found out through blood tests and biopsies but without that would never know that they were damaging their intestines and all that comes with it. There are hundreds of different symptoms -- so it's a hard disease to nail down and compare with other people. Everyone is different.

It seems to me that you have a lot more to think about and research before you make your decision. If you are only going to go halfway and eat gluten free when it's convenient, and cheat when you feel like it (and then your body has another 3 to 6 months to recover from that) -- there really is no point to going gluten free at all.

All of this is my opinion based on my personal experiences and research. You have all good questions, and I think you should do the research and see what you come up with and see what you are comfortable living with.

I'd love to know how you are doing and what you decide.
I really, really appreciate all of your help.

I still need to know exactly what you mean by NOT CHEATING for one spec?

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS.

I mean my Father was on the floor screaming in pain, went gluten free 100% but has re-introduced gluten in very, very small levels once in a blue moon. He is fine.

WHY CAN'T YOU DO THIS?

Is my Dad going to develop cancer in his gut without him knowing it? Develop some other Disease?

Please help me understand this better. I really appreciate all of your help!

Thank you.

P.S. I will post my other comments as well so you can see what I understand.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #12
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

I don't know why I can't have one spec of gluten. Or cross-contamination. But I have a friend who is just like me. Actually she is worse because it took the so long to figure out her issue. But neither one of us can have ANY.

Based on how sick I get when I get accidentally glutened by a restaurant or a medication -- I have no desire whatsoever to cheat. Not in real life. I fantasize about it once in awhile, but I'm not willing to pay for it. It's not worth it to me.

But again, everyone is different. Everyone has different symptoms -- or no symptoms at all.

You can go by trial and error and see what works for you since you really sound determined to be able to have that piece of pizza some times. That's the only way you will know if it makes you sick or not.

I can't say whether or not you will wind up with some other kind of disease from eating gluten. I don't eat it, so I have never really researched that part.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #13
casuallythere
(male)

casuallythere HB User

Quote:
I don't know why I can't have one spec of gluten. Or cross-contamination. But I have a friend who is just like me. Actually she is worse because it took the so long to figure out her issue. But neither one of us can have ANY.

Based on how sick I get when I get accidentally glutened by a restaurant or a medication -- I have no desire whatsoever to cheat. Not in real life. I fantasize about it once in awhile, but I'm not willing to pay for it. It's not worth it to me.

But again, everyone is different. Everyone has different symptoms -- or no symptoms at all.

You can go by trial and error and see what works for you since you really sound determined to be able to have that piece of pizza some times. That's the only way you will know if it makes you sick or not.

I can't say whether or not you will wind up with some other kind of disease from eating gluten. I don't eat it, so I have never really researched that part.
Update!

Someone mentioned on another forum about "Silent Celiac" this is exactly what I was needing in order to complete my research. Here is a great article about it.

Please read this if you are on the fence, but this is exactly what I was trying to say.

Of course, he recommends to stay on a gluten free diet however, he says in the end its a Gamble. Its up to you. You could eat gluten once or twice a month and never get cancer, or develop something worse or you could. However, this is life, you could get cancer at any time, or get hit by a car, or smoke and get cancer or not.

I agree with everyone, be as safe as possible, however everyone's risk tolerance is different, and I think people should respect that. If I want to increase my risk a little I should be able to do that without being criticized.

However I really appreciate everyone's help! Thank you!

Old 01-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #14
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
Update!

Someone mentioned on another forum about "Silent Celiac" this is exactly what I was needing in order to complete my research. Here is a great article about it.

Please read this if you are on the fence, but this is exactly what I was trying to say.

Of course, he recommends to stay on a gluten free diet however, he says in the end its a Gamble. Its up to you. You could eat gluten once or twice a month and never get cancer, or develop something worse or you could. However, this is life, you could get cancer at any time, or get hit by a car, or smoke and get cancer or not.

I agree with everyone, be as safe as possible, however everyone's risk tolerance is different, and I think people should respect that. If I want to increase my risk a little I should be able to do that without being criticized.

However I really appreciate everyone's help! Thank you!
I hope you don't think I ever criticized you. And if I did, please point it out. I was sharing that I do not have the ability to have gluten. Not even a bite. It's not because I'm so full of will power or self-control. I just don't like to be sick.

If gluten didn't make me sick, I'd still be enjoying pizza and croissants.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:17 AM   #15
casuallythere
(male)

casuallythere HB User

Quote:
I hope you don't think I ever criticized you. And if I did, please point it out. I was sharing that I do not have the ability to have gluten. Not even a bite. It's not because I'm so full of will power or self-control. I just don't like to be sick.

If gluten didn't make me sick, I'd still be enjoying pizza and croissants.
I apologize, that was not directed at you. I mass copy some of the things I say in other forums for you to catch up to where I am. I'm sorry. Please disregard that comment.

You have been a tremendous help. Please see your inbox of the forums that I have been debating in. I am in a huge debate over if I heal myself for 3-5 years, heal all of my villi, and then re-introduce gluten in my system a tad bit. They are against me.

We shall see.

Thank you for your help!

Reply Reply