It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board

What do you eat when most of the foods make you sick?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2018, 02:39 AM   #1
davidl
(male)

davidl HB User
What do you eat when most of the foods make you sick?

Hello, I don't know if my topic fits better here, but I didn't know where to categorize it. In 2011 I've been diagnosed with celiac disease and since then I've been on a very strict diet, finally starting to feel better in 2014. In the meanwhile, I also had a laparoscopic surgery for 3rd stage endometriosis, and last year I was diagnosed with IBS, lactose intolerance, as well as insulin resistance and systemic candidiasis. Since last month I'm also on therapy for IBD (the doctors are suspecting microscopic colitis, but colonoscopies confirmed atypical inflammation only). Therapy for Candida (Diflucan) didn't help, and I've been recommended to adapt my diet.

I was wondering if anyone has experience in dealing with other diets, in particular for Candida? Most of the gluten-free products are starchy, so what do you actually eat? Foods usually recommended for this, like leafy vegetables as well as spices, are impossible for me to eat - actually, I feel sometimes like most of the foods make me feel even worse and I keep losing weight.

I hope someone can share their experience, thank you!

Last edited by Administrator; 06-29-2018 at 01:01 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to davidl:
SOE (06-26-2018)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: What do you eat when most of the foods make you sick?

Welcome to the boards David

I'm sorry for what you are dealing with. I know the first several years I had Celiac it was hard finding foods. I'm not entirely sure it was the foods, vs. just my body trying to heal. I know it's common to lose other food groups at first and people often get them back.

I lost the ability to eat soy -- it made me deathly ill. I couldn't even eat the protein which is Soy lecithin. But now I can eat the protein. I'm still too nervous to try actual soy. Plus now I have mold in my lungs and the soy is flavored with aspergillus -- which is the mold in my lungs, so I'm not touching it.

My mold issue is similar to your candida issue. It's best to avoid sugar vinegar, dairy, pickled things. Fungus feeds on sugar and carbohydrates and dairy. There are lots of different diets for mold/fungus issues.

I find I do the best when I stay away from sugar and processed food. And gluten-free breads, goodies, frozen foods, etc. are all processed. I think that stuff is just harder for our tired digestive systems to deal with.

Of course, this is all my personal opinion.

Reply Reply