It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board

Dying of hunger after being glutened?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Lannister
(female)

Lannister HB User
Dying of hunger after being glutened?

On Wednesday night I started getting the classic gastrointestinal symptoms of being glutened. I don't know what I ate, but it couldn't have been anything more than just contamination (probably the ice cream I ate Wednesday evening) because the symptoms weren't super terrible and I haven't had any gastro issues since Wednesday night. But I've been extremely irritable and tired the past few days. Now, today, I feel like no matter how much food I eat, I'm starving. I don't know if it's mental or physical, but my stomach is actually growling and I can't stop thinking about food, which is actually making me panic a little bit. I'm so jittery, I actually had trouble typing this because I can't keep my hands still.

I'm in bed trying to stop myself from sprinting to the grocery store as fast as I can to buy food. I've eaten enough today, including vegetables, fruit, and protein. But my question is, should I resist eating even though I'm starving? Or should I just eat? And what exactly causes this extreme hunger after being glutened?

I've heard some people say to eat a few chocolate chips but I don't want to do that because I'm kind of a sugar addict and I would probably end up eating half the bag. So any alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #2
caiter4
(female)

caiter4 HB User
Re: Dying of hunger after being glutened?

That extreme hunger frequently happens to me after being glutened. It only lasts a day, however, so if I've eaten enough I just drink tea or some filling liquid, ignore the hunger, and go to bed. The next day you'll feel more normal

The Following User Says Thank You to caiter4 For This Useful Post:
SOE (05-10-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 05:23 AM   #3
Allbregra
(female)

Allbregra HB User
Re: Dying of hunger after being glutened?

I've had that recently. Although I can't relate to to anything specific I do know it's no fun. Currently I'm able to eat very little but have found a very high protein diet seems to work. I only can tolerate solids one time a day so I live on liquid meal replacements. I would reccome do trying something like that when you are really starving. The supplements give you the nutrition your body is craving without the side affects over-indulging could do. Personally I use the brand Vega One (I get it at Whole Foods). It's gluten free and full of super healthy good stuff . It is rather expensive but it really helps. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Allbregra For This Useful Post:
SOE (11-16-2015)
Reply Reply