It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board

Desperate for help...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
andrea354
(female)

andrea354 HB User
Desperate for help...

Hello there everyone! I am in desperate need of advice and guidance. My little brother was born with mental retardation and cerebral palsy but for all his disability he has been the biggest joy in our families lives. He was incredibly happy and joyful. He walked, fed himself, used the bathroom and dressed himself. He learned to ride a bike, a scooter, could run and jump. He's now 27 years old. Back this past January he went to the hospital for severe vomiting. They ran a few tests and determined it was a virus. They sent him home with a prescription for Reglan. A few days later he began vomiting again. At this point he developed an odd limp. We brought him back to the hospital. After nearly a week and several tests later...they determined it was his gallbladder. He had surgery and was sent home. After he returned home, he continued to have trouble with his right leg. Over the course of a couple months my Mom took him to several doctors, physical therapists, etc...Then one weekend he stopped drinking, eating, using the bathroom and could hardly hold himself up. So...back to the hospital we went on March 10th. From there he has lost his ability to walk, to feed himself and worst of all he has lost his happiness and joy in life. He is now severely contracted and no matter how much Baclofen they give him, he's still contracted and in so much pain. The doctors have no answers and don't know why this is happening to him. If anyone has any information that can shed some light onto what is going on and what can possibly help him...I would be eternally grateful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
Nuffa
(female)

Nuffa HB User
Re: Desperate for help...

Hi. I am an adult with cp. your post sounds alarming. How is your brother now?

Reply Reply