It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board

you are a warrior

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #1
RockSock
(male)

RockSock HB User
you are a warrior

Just wanted to remind everybody with CP, as we all know it's not always easy for us but never forget that CP builds character! We are ALL warriors! You are not alone & keep pushing forward!

Last edited by RockSock; 10-03-2016 at 09:54 AM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockSock For This Useful Post:
DCM1992 (10-24-2016),Kammygirl (10-22-2016),liayn85 (11-01-2016)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2016, 07:24 PM   #2
DCM1992
(male)

DCM1992 HB User
Re: you are a warrior

I agree wholeheartedly!!! I have very mild CP. I am high functioning but the CP is there and has caused obstacles my entire life, However I have never let it keep me from doing the same things that any "regular" person would do. If I want to do something I am going to do it! I sometimes wish my peers around me understood just what it has taken for me to get to where I am today. They would definitely understand me better.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #3
liayn85
Inactive
(female)

liayn85 HB User

This is my exact situation!! Mild CP, people not understanding and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM1992 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly!!! I have very mild CP. I am high functioning but the CP is there and has caused obstacles my entire life, However I have never let it keep me from doing the same things that any "regular" person would do. If I want to do something I am going to do it! I sometimes wish my peers around me understood just what it has taken for me to get to where I am today. They would definitely understand me better.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:26 PM   #4
liayn85
Inactive
(female)

liayn85 HB User

Thank you! I needed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSock View Post
Just wanted to remind everybody with CP, as we all know it's not always easy for us but never forget that CP builds character! We are ALL warriors! You are not alone & keep pushing forward!

Old 11-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #5
RockSock
(male)

RockSock HB User

[QUOTE=liayn85;5438126]Thank you! I needed this.[/QUOTE

Living with mild CP is difficult because we battle the negative stigmas that all disabled have to struggle with in the able bodied world but it seems like we are kind of forgotten in the disabled world because we aren't a high priority in terms of who needs the most help. I wanted to find out about maybe some kind of sports league for people with mild disabilities and there was nothing. I like to stay active and think it would have been fun to hang with people who get the struggle. Just keep moving forward.

Reply Reply