It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board

• cause of death in cerebral palsy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-22-2001, 06:26 PM   #1
    crazyperson

crazyperson HB User
    Post cause of death in cerebral palsy

I have a friend that has a five year old son that has cerebral palsy. She is concerned
    about the causes of death in a person with
    cerebral palsy. Can anyone give me some help for her?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2001, 09:55 PM   #2
    blackbelt
    (female)

blackbelt HB User
    People with cp. usually have a normal lifespan and die of the things that typical people do. Some people w/ cp may choke more frequently, fall frequently, etc. Accidents (like falls) may be worse for someone with cp because the person w/ cp may not be able to protect themselves as well. Precautions just need to be set, just like with any child. Don't be paranoid about falls. Let kids be kids. A child w/ cp deserves the chance to live as normal life as possible. Don't hold the child back unless the threat of injury is quite likely.
    I am 24 years old and I am doing quite well.
    Blackbelt

Old 07-11-2001, 10:10 AM   #3
    lianne28

lianne28 HB User
    Smile

just thought id say my uncle wayne has cp and the doctors told his mom he would not live to see 17 ....... hes now 47 and they say the one very one thing that helped him make it was the care and love from his mom and family she could have put him in a insitute but he wouldnt have made it its there SPIRIT you need to keep alive. he can not walk , talk , feed himself etc he sits in a wheel chair and depends on his mom for it all but his mind was not effected he is highly intelligent but he keeps on by the grace of God we are truly blessed to have him. May God bless you Gods the one!

Old 08-05-2001, 08:19 AM   #4
    MAMAKAT

MAMAKAT HB User
    I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING.I AM FAIRLY NEW AT HELPING WITH A 57 YEAR OLD UNCLE. ALL MY LIFE HE HAS BEEN A JOY TO BE AROUND. THE ONLY TIME HE EVER GAVE HIS CAREGIVERS A PROBLEM WAS WHEN HE HAD PAIN OF SOME SORT. MENTALLY HE IS ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD AND NORMALLY WE CAN FIND THINGS TO GET HIS MIND OFF WHAT EVER IS UPSETTING HIM. OUR PROBLEM RIHT NOW IS THAT WE CAN'T PINPOINT WHAT IS GOING ON TO MAKE HIM BECOME VIOLENT.HE HAS NOT TRIED TO HURT ANY OF US BUT WE GET HURT TRYING TO RESTRAIN HIM. THE DR IS CLUELESS. I CAN'T HELP BUT WONDER IF THIS IS THE END FOR HIM. I HOPE SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME ANSWERS ON THIS NEW BEHVIOR.ARE WE ABOUT TO LOOSE HIM? WERE TO WE GO FOR ANSWERS?

[This message has been edited by MAMAKAT (edited 08-05-2001).]

Old 09-04-2001, 01:50 PM   #5
    Debbie 1

Debbie 1 HB User
    Smile

we dont die because of anything special we are NORMAL people with normal daily lives yes there are some things different but we dont have a special time to die. Let us live

Closed Thread