It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board

• are vaccinations okay for cp child?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2006, 06:14 AM   #1
    mamatbg
    (female)

mamatbg HB User
    are vaccinations okay for cp child?

My son has CP right hemiparisis. Due to a complication at birth he has a physical delay, but mentally is on track. I was wondering if vaccinations are safe for him. Has anyone had any reactions or notice a decrease in abililty after vaccinations? I know of one child personally who who had a more severe case of cerebral palsy and developed seizures after vaccinations, but had never had seizures before them. However, I need more information. Please, I would like your input.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 07:00 AM   #2
    klstoneking
    (female)

klstoneking HB User
    Smile Re: are vaccinations okay for cp child?

My daughter who is 14 months is a right hemi also, and is very much ok when it comes to her mental status. I have not seen a difference in her condition after shots, she has been about the same. She hasnt had any problems with reactions either, although every child is different.

kelli

Old 03-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
    Strawberry1
    (female)

Strawberry1 HB User
    Re: are vaccinations okay for cp child?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mamatbg
    My son has CP right hemiparisis. Due to a complication at birth he has a physical delay, but mentally is on track. I was wondering if vaccinations are safe for him. Has anyone had any reactions or notice a decrease in abililty after vaccinations? I know of one child personally who who had a more severe case of cerebral palsy and developed seizures after vaccinations, but had never had seizures before them. However, I need more information. Please, I would like your input.
    Thanks
    I've got right-side hemi too and haven't had any problems with vaccinations. I'm not a medical expert, but my guess is that CP itself does not affect the way you react to vaccinations, medications, alcohol etc., unless you are prone to seizures.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
    jandd
    (female)

jandd HB User

I cant answer this question, but i would like to say that every neurologist we've seen with our son did question us about vacinations and if he had any reaction to those. I dont know why, but i would think there is a reason they would do it.

One thing i would suggest doing is separating MMR vaccine into 3 different shots and doing them one week apart. A few articles came out (a long time ago)saying that there is a link b/n MMR and autism. Doctors today say it is not so, but manyparents of autistic kids believe that there is a link. It wont cost you anything, just the attitude from your ped

Old 04-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
    Malwm01
    (female)

Malwm01 HB User

I have had bad reactions to vaccines... I don't remember how old I was but I was old enough to remember (probably late eighties early nineties.) I don't think I ever finished all my childhood shots. That could have just been me though because even now I swear if a medication says it has sideffects I have them even if they are only seen in rare cases I am that rare case!

Closed Thread