It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board

• Sex Drive/ Potency...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
    xGreenEyesx
    (female)

xGreenEyesx HB User
    Sex Drive/ Potency...

Before you think, "This isn't about Cerebral Palsy" then you are mistaken.

My friend has Cerebral Palsy and he was wondering a couple of things. Considering I know less than nothing on the topic, best to post it here:

1. Is a man's sperm as potent as a man without Cerebral Palsy?
    2. Is a woman's Ovum as potent as a woman without Cerebral Palsy?
    3. Is there any way to have sex if you have quite severe Cerebral Palsy?

He's not sick or anything, he's just 18 years old and wants to know if he can be normal like everyone else and I believe he deserves the truth - whatever that is!

Thanks guys!

x Stef x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
    JellyRJFan
    Veteran
    (male)

JellyRJFan HB User
    Re: Sex Drive/ Potency...

I'm not an expert here by any means, but I would think yes on all three counts. I don't see how CP could effect potency and of course there are ways to have sex... as long as all parts function properly

Old 08-07-2007, 04:03 AM   #3
    Mary'sMom
    (female)

Mary'sMom HB User

I agree with Jelly. There's no reason that reproductive components like sperm and ova should be affected by cerebral palsy. Perhaps if there was an underlying genetic disorder that caused the brain insult that caused cerebral palsy, (I don't know every cause for CP), the sperm or ova could carry the genes, but I don't see potency being affected. In other words, yes, he should wear a condom.

As for sex, I know people who are paralyzed can still have sex, so I don't know why people with severe CP couldn't. Probably best to ask a doctor about that one for a specific case. If he's ready to have sex, he's ready to talk to his doctor about having sex.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
    Steffers2318
    Veteran
    (female)

Steffers2318 HB User

Like the others have said, CP would have no affect on sperm/egg...CP is a disorder of the muscles, and the two don't have anything to do with each other (unless there's something underlying like Mary's Mom said).

As far as possibilities, well, "where there's a will there's a way." There are books about...technique...one I've heard of is Enabling Romance, and you or he could do a search for others. Nice of you to look out for your friend .

Closed Thread