It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board

• Will he ever be a normal boy ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #16
    gina86
    (female)

gina86 HB User
    Re: Will he ever be a normal boy ?

I have a nephew who is serverely retarded... I hate that word....he also has CP I believe it is spastic he does not speak he understands his health is declining rapidly ,seizures and such, you are very lucky with your son how do you cope/ my nephew used to be the happiest boy and now he does not laugh,smile, its like he isnt there. my mom raised him from birth and he is now 24 she died 5 yrs. ago and its almost as if he died with her, anyway I just wanted you to know that I always wonder about other families I am happy for yours

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #17
    Mrs.Khan
    (female)

Mrs.Khan HB User

Thanks jammy .I will try all these once he starts walking .I was v sad to hear your reply Gina .I think life should not end with the death of 1 person .Offcourse we miss our loved ones .May be he has this thing is his mind that he has some deficits and only your mother was able to help him with that .May be he does not trust anyone else .PLease try to give all the love that you can .These kids need a lot of love and support .You must be giving him antiepileptics .Are you?ARe they working ?If not ,I would also suggest to go for alternate therapies .homeopathic ,chinese or ayurvedic .Good luck .

Old 08-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #18
    vickie68
    (female)

vickie68 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mrs.Khan View Post
    I am so scared .My son is diagnosed with mild cerebral palsy today I can't sleep all night .I always knew something was wrong .He is 2.5 years old and he has started to crawl a month ago .he can't walk . I am so scared to read about cerebral palsy .I read that a lot of people have symptoms in their adulthood as well .Some of them are cured but again start to have symptoms later in life .Is there some way to avoid the symptoms in adulthood ?Also I asked the doctor if he will ever be a normal kid ?She said that he will walk but do not expect him to play piano .Will he never be a normal kid ??????If anyone's child is cured please I would like to learn from you .I am in texas (houston ) .Would you prescribe some good doctor or physiotherapist or occupation therapist or speech therapist or hospital here .I took him to texas children hospital .
    FIRST OF ALL, WHAT IS NORMAL? I AM THE MOTHER OF 4. THE OLDEST IS 19 WITH MILD CP. I WOULDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT HIM. HE DID NOT CRAWL TILL 11 MTHS. AND WALKED AT 22 MTHS. HE HAS PLAYED BASEBALL, WRESTLING, BASKETBALL, FOOTBALL, AND CAN PLAY THE PIANO, KEYBOARD, BELLS, BASS DRUM. HE SPEAKS SPANISH. MY SON WILL LEAVE NEXT WEEK FOR HIS FIRST WEEK OF COLLEGE. YES, HE IS AN HONOR STUDENT. RANKED 20TH OUT OF 197 GRADUATES. HE IS PURSUEING A DEGREE IN SPECIAL EDUCATION-- HOW IRONIC. HE FEELS HE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A CHILD'S LIFE WITH A DISABILITY, AND YOU KNOW WHAT? HE CAN. I CAN NOT SAY IT HAS BEEN AN EASY ROAD. MY SON BROKE HIS NOSE IN BASEBALL AND HIS FOREARM IN WRESTLING. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT. HE HAS LIVED. I CAN'T NOT LET HIM TRY, OR WHAT MESSAGE WOULD I BE SENDING HIM. I CAN ONLY SAY THAT MY SON HAS HAD HIS DRIVING PERMIT FOR A YEAR NOW. BUT HE IS NO WHERE NEAR READY TO DRIVE. HE HAS A 16 YEAR OLD BROTHER THAT IS LEARNING TO DRIVE. THAT'S THE HARD PART. BUT HE KNOWS THAT SOMEDAY HE WILL DRIVE. IT MAY TAKE A WHILE LONGER, BUT IT WILL HAPPEN. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU. JUST KNOW THAT WITH YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT YOUR CHILD WILL SUCCEED IN LIFE. ALL I WISH FOR ANY OF MY CHILDREN IS GOOD HEALTH AND LOTS OF HAPPINESS AND LOVE. WHAT ELSE IS THERE? MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

Last edited by vickie68; 08-12-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: MISSPELLED WORD

Closed Thread