It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board

• Psudomonus in Cerebral Palsy Children

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
    tinkerbell88
    (female)

tinkerbell88 HB User
    Psudomonus in Cerebral Palsy Children

Hi, Im new to this forum and just want to know if anyone else has had come across Psudomonus in cerebral palsy children. My younger sister (3yrs) has just been diagnosed with it and we have basically been told to expect the worse.

My sister has cerebral palsy, severe epilepsy, scoliosis of the spine with rods and various other issues.

I have been told that she has psudomonus but I am not sure what it is and how it will affect her.

If anyone could help answer these questions then I would really apprciate it.

Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
    Strawberry1
    (female)

Strawberry1 HB User
    Re: Psudomonus in Cerebral Palsy Children

Is it the same as Pseudomonas? I googled around a bit and found out that it is a bacterium which causes infections in people whose immune system is weak.

Last edited by Strawberry1; 06-08-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
    tinkerbell88
    (female)

tinkerbell88 HB User

Hi

thank you so much for that. I think we must be talking about the same thing.

We have been told by the doctors that she is riddled with it an it will eventually get the better of her.

I feel so alone at the moment becuase my sister lives in new zealand with my dad and step mum and I feel like i cant to anything to help.

x

Old 08-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
    Leaciesmum
    (female)

Leaciesmum HB User

I know this thread was posted months ago, but if the author is still around just want to let you know. Pseudo monas folliculitus is a water borne bacteria, quite common in hydrotherapy pools. My little one with CP contracted this, it manifested itself as a reoccuring nasty red pus filled pimple on her chin, after a swab it came back that it was Pseudo monas folliculitus.

I have found that the bacteria can also be found in bath toys and baby baths, so I regularly bleach these items, tough I do believe she contracted it at her hydro pool. Usually this infection will run it's course and clear up spontaniously but if it doesn't then a course of highly potent antibiodics are in order.

I hope that your childs cleared up by itself.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
    regans mum
    (female)

regans mum HB User

hi my name is grace an i have a daughter who is 3 an has got servre brain damage a a result of this she has scoliosis, epilepsy, a kind of cerebral palsy she has very stiff days so readin your post it sounds like your sis an my daughter have a lot in comen. also we just bin told that she also has this psudomonus thing. the docs told us that wit 2 weeks worth of IV antibiotics it shud clear it up but the test revealed its still there. he now says we need a meetin to discuss some options. but also it depends where abouts in or on the body this infection is my daughters in on her lungs hope this has helped

Closed Thread