It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board

how do they test for chemo results ?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2016, 10:46 AM   #1
idahobob
(male)

idahobob HB User
how do they test for chemo results ?

In Feb 2016, I had my right kidney and ureter removed because of a tumor in my ureter was cancerous. My uroligist felt that he didn't leave any cancer cells behind, but just in case, I should go through chemo treatment. I'm on a 4 cycle program, where I get chemo once a week for two weeks, then one week off. Total of 4 of these. I had my first treatment on April 7th. It may have been too soon, because I was only back to about half strength from the surgery. It took me right back to where I was after getting out of the hospital. Total fatigue. My basic question is, since they had no way of knowing if my uroligist had left any cancer cells when he did the surgery, what kind of test would the chemo doctor do to see results of the chemo? Without a tumor as a target to gauge by, it puzzles me as to what they will be testing on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #2
noevr
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: how do they test for chemo results ?

Hi they do bloodwork to test your cancer markers for your specific kind if cancer. This I s normally done at the end of the chemo. It's vety

Reply Reply