It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chemotherapy Message Board

different meds for different cancers ?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #1
idahorider
(male)

idahorider HB User
Question different meds for different cancers ?

I'm taking chemo for a cancerous nodule on my adrenal gland. My oncologist said that the CT scan a month ago showed some kind of mass on my lower right stomach area. He said the latest scan showed it had enlarged somewhat. He isn't sure just what the mass is. He will see what it is doing on the next scan. I know there are many forms of cancer, and many cancer drugs. The drugs I'm on are shrinking the nodule on my adrenal gland, but apparently has no efect on the mass he is referring to. Maybe it is a benign tumor, or maybe it needs a different drug, and I wonder just how they figure out which drugs works with which cancer, trial and error ? Maybe he will have to take a biopsy to find out what he is dealing with. So far, he seems to be in the dark about what it is, and says he will see what it is doing on the next CT scan, and that is a worry to me :-(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: different meds for different cancers ?

They do a biopsy to see what kind of cancer cell it is so they can use the appropriate chemo. That is correct.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
idahorider (06-02-2016)
Reply Reply