It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children - Special Needs Message Board

• 6 yr old son with DS kicking me at night

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #1
    Joanne B1977
    (female)

Joanne B1977 HB User
    6 yr old son with DS kicking me at night

Hi my son didn't have the best start in life he had transient leaukemia, hirshsprungs disease, under active thyroid. He was diagnosed with AML Acute myeloid leukaemia at the age of 2. He had 3 and a half months of chemo and is now in remission coming up to 5 years.

We were told the chemo might regress him, his talking is coming along we are now getting 3 word sentences. He has slightly hearing loss and wears glasses. He is in main stream school and has a one to one. All his class mates think the world of him and look out for him.

In the last 3 months he has started kicking me at night when I put him to bed. When I say no or stop he just laughs at me. He also slaps me.His bedtime routine is usually reading books or a couple of his TV programs, a couple of songs ( that he asks for e.g twinkle twinkle or Mr tumble song) then lights out and cuddles.He does tend to play up for me more than my husband.

It can be really frustrating especially when I'm sometimes on my own as my husband works shifts. Just wondering if anyone has any tips/ suggestions to stop the hitting and kicking. Thanks for listening and reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply