It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children - Special Needs Message Board

Microcephaly

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #1
BillynKay
(female)

BillynKay HB User
Microcephaly

Hi Everyone!
My son has recently been diagnosed with Microcephaly. He is 4 years old starting school in September. Bradlee has developmental delays in pretty much every aspect except walking which he didn't start until he was three. He also has ADHD aswell as traits of autism. He has recently been for a number of blood tests that take several weeks to come back and is booked for a MRI next month. From what the doctors can tell his head is roughly the size of a one year olds and developmental state of a two and a half year old. Bradlee is a hand full from dusk till dawn also some night waking and staying awake for several hours. There is no reasoning with Bradlee who has began to hit himself when angry or upset. He is very load, in your face and hypoactive, does not understand any danger and is not put off by anything. Bradlee has to be monitored 27/7 as he is a danger to himself aswell as others. I have looked into support groups and extra activity places for Bradlee to go to whilst not at nursery to burn off his energy but there seem to be none available. I was very disappointed in this as for many other disabilities there are holiday groups and what not. Keeping Bradlee busy is a struggle as he loses concentration almost immediately. People also find it difficult to understand Bradlee as his speech is behind also. I love my son with all my heart and am desperate to find ways of helping his development and social needs as best as possible as I fear school in September is going to be extremely difficult for him

Any help would be amazing and I'm always about for a chat if anyone else needs support or to let off steam.

Sprinkles of happy dust to you all
XxxxxxxX

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread